5 star stay at 4 star property. All in, I was very happy with this choice for a 1-night stay.
Pros: tremendous view on the beach and from the restaurant - very relaxing!; great view of water from my partial ocean view room in the 3000 building (usually in hotel-speak that means you can see the ocean if you crane your neck, but here it really did have a nice view, and a deck); decent size pool area; free yoga classes; decent free mai-tai at check in (small but surprisingly strong!) and wine tasting option for SPG members; parking right outside the room; friendly staff; AC (!); less expensive than other large resort options, and it seems like they would have the same drawbacks. Fairly quiet in the mornings.
Considerations: room was clean though furniture was a little rough around the edges; buildings look a bit dated from the outside. You also have to sign out pool towels and are threatened with a $10 charge if you don't return them - didn't feel like they trusted guests as adults (I'm sure people do take them frequently, but that would seem to just be the cost of doing business at the beach). Main restaurant is a bit pricey, but has a fabulous view.
Great for a 1-3 night stay - if staying in the area longer, I'd prefer to add another stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu