Just returned from five nights at the Sheraton Kauai. We booked the hotel because we heard the beach and location were both great and the price was right for myself and a friend traveling together. After reading some scary tripadvisor reviews of what seemed to be a mysteriously creepy and un-renovated building "across the road" I regretted booking the cost effective Garden View. BUT, when I arrived, I LOVED the Garden View! Maybe because I came from NYC but drinking a beer on the balcony overlooking a beautiful manicured garden with plenty of tropical birds chirping was fantastically peaceful. The room was fine-I would say above average, actually, despite the poor reviews. The beach, while a little narrow, was so clean and the surf was great fun. I did not feel crowded at all, until the weekend rolled around and there seemed to be quite a few families that had arrived to start their vacation. We almost had the beach to ourselves during the week. We only dined at the resort twice-once for a late night snack at Lavos (mushroom flatbread, delicious) and once for happy hour (wings and beers) both were fun. I found the staff to be very friendly, the parking easy and the ambiance peaceful and safe. Walk towards the stone wall near the hotel and you can watch large sea turtles floating around. Take a lesson at the Kauai Surf School right on the Sheraton's beach-really fun. We had researched a lot of hotels on the island and visited the Hyatt while we were there (just to see what the fuss was about) The Sheraton worked out really well for us. Feel free to contact me with any questions, I'm happy to share more details!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu