The hotel has a nice location
I must say that we were rather disappointed with this Sheraton altho the room and bathroom were very nice. We had an oceanview, oceanfront room with a nice lanai.
Pool area very crowded, small for hotel size, not enough shade or umbrellas so we rented a cabana for $100 per day.
The fitness center was lacking , treadmills out of order, no one at the front desk knew anything, when would be fixed. Broken for 3 days, then just GONE. I asked every day when they would be fixed; front desk took room number and said they would have maintanence call us; no one ever called
The Rum Fire Restaurant service was abysmal. We had one dinner there, first night, would not go back for free! My husband's main course was brought out 10 minutes before mine. His dinner included dessert and the waiter just brought it out, never asked me if I wanted to order anything, I had to ask for it when my husband was served. My food was mediocre but my sorbet dessert was good.
We had the buffet breakfast included in our room price, it would have cost $25 otherwise, I certainly don't think what they had out on their buffet was worth anywhere near $25.
We got lunch at the hotel "delivered" to our cabana 2 days from the Lava restaurant. Mediocre salad and sandwiches, not worth the price charged. One day we went to the Starbucks shop on the property and got the pizza for lunch, best meal we had at the hotel.
Even the turn down service was disappointing, if there are 2 people in the room, why leave just ONE chocolate?
The valets were great and friendly, as were the pool people who took care of the cabanas. Front desk people had no idea what was going on in the hotel other than the rooms.
We are gold members with Starwood; this is the first time we have said that we would NOT go back to this Sheraton
Hopefully the manager was just on vacation the week we were there, as the service was very lax
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu