The Sheraton a lovely resort with beautiful palms and set on a gorgeous little beach.
Upon driving up, the valet man wouldn't tell us where we could self park, only that we had to check-in first and then we should return to car and they would tell us where to park. Other than that, the valet staff were wonderful! We used valet parking because guest parking seemed very limited.
The check-in was easy. Our room had a view of the front of the hotel and a small pond. On the balcony you could look through the trees and have a partial view of the ocean. The bed and bedding were wonderful! The bathroom and bathroom towels were wonderful! The housekeeping staff were super nice.
The concierge, Walt, was very knowledgeable and gave great advise (thank you Walt!). The (local) valets were also super nice and gave invaluable advise (thank you Nick!).
We ate at the restaurants on the property for breakfast 1 time and dinner 1 time. The food was definitely uninspired. There are plenty of great restaurants in the area so no worries on that, we would not eat at the hotel again. The pantry/coffee shop's snack prices were quite high so we purchased our drinks and snacks at a local market for less than 1/2 what the hotel was charging.
The hotel pool area is nice but not as nice (big) the Sheraton Maui or Westin properties. Guests would come early and 'reserve' their chairs with towels or books so that we didn't ever use the pool area. The 1/2 covered cabana chairs were $50.00 per day so we didn't use those either. We recommend going to the local discount store, buying an umbrella and chairs and using those on any of the other fabulous beaches on the island.
Check-out was a breeze.
We would definitely go back to the Sheraton Kauai. Have your plan as mentioned above and your vacation will be wonderful. The next time we go to Kauai, we plan to stay at the Westin on the North end of the Island.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel
- Sheraton Kauai
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.