This was the fifth time in as many years we have stayed at the Sheraton Kauai Resort. Some background. Our first visit was the best! Everything was excellent. Room, dining, amenities, and service were exceptional. Our second year, not so much. Unions had started a work stoppage due to all the renovations that were being started, so there were a lot of cut backs, especially on service. Third year, construction, but w/ compensation. Last year, construction almost done, but we were placed in a different building which ruined our experience and made us work harder for the room we wanted in the building we wanted. The resort is huge and we lucked out our first time getting a deluxe room in the Ocean Wing or building one. The very best! Last year, we we placed in a deluxe room over the swimming pool. Wow, that was the worst! Noisy all day and all night, especially with a wedding party staying at the resort. So, this year we made sure we got back to the Ocean wing, building one and w/ the construction finished, we were anticipating a stay much like our first visit. Well, it was not to be. Our room was the highlight of our four night stay. The dining was way off in quality of food and service. The amenities were there, but one had to pay for everything w/ a $30 resort fee. We did not use them, as we had other activities planned. We were impressed w/ the new Market and all they had to offer until their electricity went out for a couple of days and could not offer all they had. Our view was spectacular! We had great sunsets everyday. And our room was large and more than comfortable. It was the lack luster pool bar, Lava? and the new restaurant, Rum Fire? That was our biggest disappointment. The contrast from our first year to this past year was astounding. Sheraton has a long way to go to measure up to the high standards they had five years ago. Renovation does not always make a place better. At least Sheraton cannot renovate the view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Otel, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu