We stayed here for two nights. We chose the ocean front room and were so glad we did. This property is so large that it goes across the street. If you get a "garden view" you are most likely going to be across the street from the beach which is close but not quite the same as being on the ocean side. The garden rooms are nice, I'm sure, and you can save a lot of money so if that's a factor than stick with garden and just do the short walk. There are some garden rooms on the beach side but you would have to ask for them specifically, I think.
Our bed was comfortable although it seems that the sheets didn't fit that well. The flat panel TV was nice and large. Our room looked over the pool but we didn't hear much noise luckily.
The room was rather sparse but clean. We didn't hear noise from other rooms or the hall.
The housekeeping was fine. The bathroom and products were fine but nothing amazing,
all very basic in my opinion.
The beach at the property connected to other beach hotels so we could walk down the beach a bit although sometimes you climb on rocks to get places. They have a beach desk where you can rent snorkel and surf gear on property, very convenient.
The hotel has a shuttle to get around Poipu so you really don't need a car if you're staying local but we did have a car so we never used it.
The gym was very small. There was only one elliptical machine, a treadmill or maybe 3, some free weights and a few other things. It was super small considering how many rooms there are at this property. I chose to do a brisk walk instead.
The front desk was efficient. Lots of travel type desks but they aren't there all hours which was a bit of a surprise. They have travel companies as well as a concierge which was a bit odd.
Overall, I'm glad we stayed here and had a nice time. Ate in Rum Fire for breakfast. It has an awesome ocean view which we really enjoyed seeing the whales as we ate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu