From an entrepreneurial couple traveling with a 6 month old baby.
- Location is excellent. Right on the water, access to beach, snorkeling, beautiful sunsets.
- Tennis Courts, and they are lit at night! (They are in need of upkeep but still useful)
- Garden Rooms are fine! Very pretty garden view and pond.
- Centrally located elevator access is convenient for baby stroller.
- Self Service Laundry $2.00 to wash a load an d $2.00 to dry a load. Awesome and convenient!
- Fridgerator and Coffee in room - we used both!
- Daily maid cleaning staff were sweet and very professional. Room was always clean and well stocked. Thank you cleaning ladies! Be extra nice to the service people :) they are grandma's who are working hard to support families and have such a happy loving attitude.
- Crib for the baby was brought into our room. Thank you!
- Staff all around from front desk, bell man, to house keeping. All super professional and friendly!
- Snorkeling is decent and a very close walk by. A Sea Turtle came up on the beach to sun bath!!! Reminder DO NOT STEP on REEF.
- Internet service and ATT cell coverage no good. We had to take calls outside of the room because
- $30 Resort Fee (but it includes internet, so...?)
Eat off site for the best options and bring it back. There are a lot of mom and pop food shacks that make great stuff at cheap prices. Take it back to eat at the beach or in one of their cool fire pits for a nice sunset dinner or picnic. Their fire pit areas are dimly lit, have views of the ocean, and has music pumped in. Very nice!
Rent a car to explore the island and have lots of flexibility on where to eat, shop, and sightsee.
Rent your snorkel gear off site, you will get a better deal.
Conclusion, this is a GREAT value (when you can get a great package deal or special rate) for it's location. We have been to the the St. Regis and to the Grand Hyatt all much better in terms of amenities, decor, etc..., HOWEVER, they will not be at these prices. We felt this was a great fit for us next to renting a vacation rental condo.
This place is not the fanciest and does not compare to St. Regis or Grand Hyatt but it is good value for the money. I would come back! They do offer special deals, the one that brought us in was the one that included a car rental. Shop around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu