Just returned from a 5-night stay at the Sheraton. Overall, we enjoyed our stay--the room was nice, location was great and most of the staff was friendly and competent. Unfortunately, we booked through Orbitz so the hotel did not get our requested room type (instead of a king, we got a room with two queens) and there was some misunderstanding about the special offers, so if you do book through a third party website, make sure to call the hotel and confirm the details. We really enjoyed the activities (snorkel lesson, yoga, ukulele lesson) offered by the resort which made us feel like we got some value out of the 'resort fee'. Arch at the pool activities was really friendly. The resort hotel, RumFire, was also excellent. Beware: If you want to rent snorkel gear, I suggest not getting it at the resort. The resort charges $25 per day but we saw other places charge $9 for a week! Also, don't listen to the recommendations of the concierge. They gave us recommendations that were better suited for a couple in their 60s rather than our 30s. They also didn't seem very knowledgeable (suggested we go to a lighthouse that we went to and found it was closed for restoration--a concierge should know this).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu