I am torn about our stay at Koa Kea because while we did enjoy our stay, there are certain things that could have made it so much better.
We started off on the wrong foot. The woman who checked us in told us we had been ungraded to a partial ocean view as iprefer members. When we were taken to our room on the ground floor, we realized we had virtually no privacy as our sliding glass door was right next to the jacuzzi and pool (unless we kept our curtains shut the entire time, but that defeats the partial ocean view). We called up and asked to be moved to the 2nd or 3rd floor--and were told they could move us the following day to a room with a less desirable view. They were unwilling to work with us even though we told them we were on our honeymoon and uncomfortable with the lack of privacy. This set the tone for our stay.
Other cons include:
- Lack of service around pool (which is small) and the Red Salt Lounge. Hire more people.
- Coffee is terrible. You have access to amazing Kona coffee. Serve it.
- Breakfast menu and buffet is tired and repetitive. Consider adding local favorites and variety.
- Maid service is not efficient; twice our room was skipped--and they don't come twice a day. There is a morning clean up and turndown service (which is always around the time when people are getting ready for dinner).
- Left us a half bottle of sparkling wine in honor of our recent marriage, but bottle was the cheapest you can buy. If you're going to be a 5 star, offer a Moët or something decent--especially for the prices we are paying to stay at the hotel.
- Valet service is very good, easy and the staff are friendly.
- Red Salt restaurant for dinner is yummy and service is good.
- The bed is comfy
- Setting is fairly peaceful and adult oriented.
- Cocktails are crafted well.
As of this posting, we still have 2 days left at the hotel and are still undecided if we will be back next year. We do, however, think the location is great and pace at the hotel conducive to R&R.
- Cocktails are solid and
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koa Kea is a luxury boutique hotel with unmatched proximity to the ocean. Red Salt Restaurant and the Spa at Koa Kea are the newest additions to Poipu Beach, a great location for enjoying Kauai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Koa Kea Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koa Kea Hotel And Resort
- Koa Kea Hotel Poipu
- Koa Kea Resort
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort Kauai/Poipu