“Unforgettable ... !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Lihue
Singapore
“Unforgettable ... !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

One of the things that I love most about the Inn is the wonderful mountain backdrop. We visited Oahu, the Big Island, Maui, Kauai during our trip to Hawaii and Kauai Inn was by far the most satisfactory in terms of comfort and value. The rooms were good sized and comfortable. It's centrally located and you can pretty much get what you want at a stone's throw away. Everyone in the Inn was friendly including the Inn animals, CiCi the cat and the dogs who loves a good pat ... You should stay there is you go to Kauai!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

The perfect choice for an affordable nights stay before or after a flight - near the airport. We stayed one night here between island hopping, and were pleasantly surprised. Our GPS took us the back scenic route, but if you come direct from the airport it is 1.5 miles through an industrial area. Do not fret, after you pass the freight depot you will be pleasantly surprised at how cute and tropical this place is. Our room was small but adequate w/air cond, h/wd floors, patio, fan, comfy bed. Owners were gracious and guided us in by phone but the back way was beautiful, even a waterfall and gorgeous landscaping. Continental breakfast was plentiful, WiFi free in their small lobby. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Peoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

My friend and I stayed in Kauai Inn from July 9 to July 21. We really enjoyed the comfortable beds, the well maintained grounds, and the friendly staff. The breakfast of fruit and bread, which is served at 8am, was a nice way to start the day. The location is central to all parts of the island; which makes it a great home base to explore the island from. The Inn also has two gas grills that are available for guests to cook out on. It was nice to pick up locally caught fish ( the Fish Express is excellent) and come back to the Inn and cook out. The beach and shopping is about a 15 min hike, so if your looking for a spot right on the beach this is not for you. However there are great beaches and snorkle spots that are only a short car trip away.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Kaui Inn the night before our early morning flight back to the mainland because we wanted to be closer to the airport than the resort we had been staying was. I am very picky about where I stay and my most important criteria is whether or not the room is clean. I am usually aprehensive before staying in a new place because I have experienced so many hotels that were not as clean as I would have liked. To say I was delighted with the standards at the Kaui Inn is an understatement. The room was simply immaculate. This is one of the oldest hotels in Kaui, yet it has been flawlessly maintained. The room was a bit small but very clean, and perfect for the time we were there. The bed was comfortable as well. The grounds are beautiful and well-cared for and the staff could not have been nicer. The location is great if you want to be in Lihue and close to the airport (you can't hear the planes at all from the hotel, but the airport is close and convenient). The price is great for a place to stay in Kaui. I simply cannot find one negative thing to say about this place. Two thumbs up from a very finicky traveler!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle,WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

Thanks to great family ownership my honey and I had a wonderful vacation at the Kauai Inn. The rooms are perfect and the beds very clean and cozy. Pool is also clean and fun to splash around in. I really enjoyed the fresh fruit and sweet roll breakfasts, nice touch! Will be back, thanks Kauai Inn!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Penn Valley CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

My husband and I had such a great stay at the Kauai Inn. With no reservations and a late night arrival we were accomodated nicely. Our room was cute & cozy. Every one was friendly. We stayed 1 night and In the morning we had some fresh fruit & muffins that was served. The coffee was really good. Our main reason to visit Kauai was to hike the Napali Coast. Which We recommend as a most do. We camped for 5 beautiful nights. Then went straight back to the Kauai Inn for a relaxing couple of day's before catching a flight home.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Wester Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Upon arriving at The Kauain Inn my traveling partner and I felt immediatley at home and relaxed. Our room was really comfortable and plush. Jamie M. (owner/opperator) and staff made sure we had everything we needed, she helped us with our travel plans and helped us get to where we needed to be. Sit and enjoy the family run relaxed environment, and feel at home (friendy attention lovin pups included)!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with friends

Been to The Kauai Inn? Share your experiences!