My fiance and I went with this as one of the cheaper places to stay on the island for an 8-night trip.
It's a motel-style location with two levels, and we stayed in a ground-level room.
- The room was small and nothing special, but it was clean and in good shape. The bed and pillows are nice.
- The staff is incredibly friendly. The hotel also provides free drinks (juice, bottled water, some soda), dishes and silverware, bug repellant, beach towels, boogie boards, etc. All of which came in handy.
- The rooms have a window AC unit, which I know is not the case for all Kauai hotels and was very much welcome.
- There is free wifi, but the signal was quite weak in our room and often unusable. It was much stronger and never cut out when I was sitting at one of the tables in the central pool area.
- Our sheets weren't changed during our stay, which didn't bother me but I know that's a problem for some people.
- A cat lives on the grounds and there was often poop on the grass that didn't get cleaned up.
- The hotel is home to several chickens. Unless you're a heavy sleeper, expect to be woken up before 6am.
- Mosquitoes are a bit of an issue (probably why there's free repellant). Several of them are in the pool area, so if you plan on spending any time there you'll need to spray yourself down. A couple managed to sneak into the room.
Nitpicks aside, it was a solid for the price, and if we return to Kauai we'll most likely stay here again