“Trade winds do the work” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Castle Kaha Lani

You added Castle Kaha Lani to your Saves list
Castle Kaha Lani
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   4460 Nehe Road, Lihue, Kauai, HI 96766 (Formerly Aston Kaha Lani)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Trade winds do the work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family of five from Tennessee used a travel agent to secure our stay here. This is our first trip to Hawaii and we are island hopping. We started out in Oahu and landed in Kauai yesterday, June 8, 2013. Our flight was early and we explored the island until 3pm check in time. We are still not used to the 5 hour time difference, so when we checked in at 3 we were really feeling like it was 8! Check in was easy and the lady at the front desk was simply awesome! Sweet, kind, and very eager to assist! Our room is nice, it definitely could use some upgrading but the view makes up for it. We have a 2 br 2 ba condo with the most spectacular view! As we were unpacking we started to sweat and looked feverishly for the AC controls. We couldn't find them!!! We called the front desk in a panic only to learn there is no AC!!! I had read what I thought were all the reviews on this place when out travel agent gave us the itinerary and I don't remember any mention of the fact there is NO AC. So know that if you are considering staying here but also know, not only have we have survived (and shocked that we have) we have also THRIVED here! The windows and doors remain open and the trade winds MORE than compensate for the lack of AC! And the WONDERFUL front desk let us borrow a fan which has perfected the comfort at night. It is clean here but there are some areas of rust (ceiling fans) but that happens with the combination of ocean air and open windows/doors. The staff here is phenomenal!!! I do recommend it here but know what you are coming into and embrace it! I have never slept as peacefully as I did last night hearing and feeling the ocean breeze!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Yucapia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Your own piece of paradise
Kaha Lani was more then I had imagined. I have been to Kauai at least 10 times to visit relatives there and had always stayed in homes. I had retired two days before going and had decided to treat myself. I had visited all of the major hotels there through the years to look around and have dinner, but wanted something more personal and comfortable. I was a bit disappointed when I was assigned a ocean front ground level unit, that disappointment turned to delight when I entered the front door. Unit 127 is amazing, it is well maintained, the decor is so lovely, it is spacious and the view of the ocean can be seen from anywhere in the living room, dinning area and kitchen. It is in building 8 the closest to the water, you just open the sliding door and walk across the lawn and the beach is right there. It was so nice that my relatives cooked dinner there instead of me going to their houses. They may live there but they enjoyed Kaha Lani and its view as much as I did. Unit 127 is a 1 bedroom and on the corner so we had complete privacy. I could go on and on about the beauty of this place and they hospitality of the people there. 10 min walk along the path way heading left takes you to lyngate park a great place to picnic and swim, special area for children to swim an be safe. I cant wait to take my kids and grand children to Kaha Lani our own piece of paradise.

Room Tip: Room 127 is perfect for a single, a couple or couple with 2 children (pull out in living room). It i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Grandview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Paradise is an understatement - this property was perfect in every way. Location, accomodations and staff! We definitely plan to stay again and soon! I cannot recommend this property strongly enough....it was absolutely amazing and felt like we were right at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Courbevoie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our stay was for 5 nights it was a really magic vacation we will never forget.
Very nice condo with all commodities . Great view on Pacific ocean and on a beautiful garden. Very well located to visit the north and the south of KAUAI
Large terrace
A bit noisy early morning
I will recommend this address

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a great week at Kaha Lani. My mother had a difficult time with the stairs leading to the 2nd floor and we were allowed to change to a 1st floor condo, #122, which i greatly appreciated. This condo was wonderfully updated and provided everything we expected. The view of the ocean was priceless. There was a wonderful breeze blowing through the condo. There isn't any ac, which I imagine is typical on the island.
I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This resort was beautiful and clean. The views from the lanai were breathtaking and priceless. The pool was refreshing and clean. At night the pool is lit with tiki torches. It was a great experience. I highly recommend staying at Castle Kaha Lani.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rainier, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our stay was for 7 nights, it was truly a week we will never forget, we went to two different tropical botanical gardens in the area looking for flowers and plants to photography and never saw a single BIRD OF PARADISE, yet at the Castle Kaha Lani there were at least three Bird of paradise plants in full bloom growing there plus dozens of other tropical plants, trees and bushes, It was like living in a tropical botanical garden by its self.
The grounds were very well groomed, and the buildings are well maintained.
The Castle Kaha Lani is truly a gem on the Garden Island.
Ron & Tanya Fadden
Rainier, Oregon

Room Tip: Top floors facing the ocean are fantastic, best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Castle Kaha Lani? Share your experiences!