My family of five from Tennessee used a travel agent to secure our stay here. This is our first trip to Hawaii and we are island hopping. We started out in Oahu and landed in Kauai yesterday, June 8, 2013. Our flight was early and we explored the island until 3pm check in time. We are still not used to the 5 hour time difference, so when we checked in at 3 we were really feeling like it was 8! Check in was easy and the lady at the front desk was simply awesome! Sweet, kind, and very eager to assist! Our room is nice, it definitely could use some upgrading but the view makes up for it. We have a 2 br 2 ba condo with the most spectacular view! As we were unpacking we started to sweat and looked feverishly for the AC controls. We couldn't find them!!! We called the front desk in a panic only to learn there is no AC!!! I had read what I thought were all the reviews on this place when out travel agent gave us the itinerary and I don't remember any mention of the fact there is NO AC. So know that if you are considering staying here but also know, not only have we have survived (and shocked that we have) we have also THRIVED here! The windows and doors remain open and the trade winds MORE than compensate for the lack of AC! And the WONDERFUL front desk let us borrow a fan which has perfected the comfort at night. It is clean here but there are some areas of rust (ceiling fans) but that happens with the combination of ocean air and open windows/doors. The staff here is phenomenal!!! I do recommend it here but know what you are coming into and embrace it! I have never slept as peacefully as I did last night hearing and feeling the ocean breeze!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kaha Lani Resort features oceanfront condominiums adjacent to Lydgate Beach Park and playground, with a walking path along the coast. Centrally located, the resort offers a variety of one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites, all oceanview or oceanfront. Amenities include a pool, tennis court, barbecues, and a putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Castle Kaha Lani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kaha Lani Hotel Lihue
- Kaha Lani
- Castle Kaha Lani Kauai, HI