“My Parent's Timeshare Place” 4 of 5 stars

Kauai Beach Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4330 Kauai Beach Drive, Lihue, Kauai, HI 96766   |
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Lihue
Phoenix, Arizona
“My Parent's Timeshare Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is my parent's timeshare. They never trade - we always come back to the 2 bedroom. This place is next to nothing, a few miles from Lihue and a few miles from Kapaa.....but if you go to Kauai you aren't exactly wanting to be in the middle of all the action anyways. I love this place. Big kitchen. Big bedrooms. Small condo complex. Check-in took a while, and they hooked us for a timeshare spiel a few days later, but we got Buy 1 Get 1 helicopter tickets and that ride was awesome. Lydgate Park is great if you want to snorkel but are scared of the ocean and it's like a mile away.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Sublimity, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed in D7. Overall a large 2 bed/2 bath condo and slept all 5 of us very comfortably. Worst part of the condo itself is the tired decor. It feels very 90's Florida - seafoam green carpet (ew, yes carpet in Hawaii), white rattan furniture with the tropical print in seafoam and pink. But hey, I dont' go to any Hawaiian isle to sit in a condo no matter how nice it is. which brings me to the other part about the condo - location. On the upside it's centrally located on the East side of the island and close to the airport. Downside is everything you want to do in Kauai is either North shore or South shore so we spent literally 2 hours everyday traveling to our beaches and activities and back. But that aside, the condo was very large and fairly clean and the best part of all is the agreement they have with the hotel next door for pool use. Awesome pools next door! dont' miss the hidden one closest to the beach. There is a bar, a slide and a sandy beached pool. Hotel also has a nice restaurant and bar - all within walking distance. It's the only thing within walking distance. Office staff was very friendly and helpful although I did feel misled with the "owner's update" appointment we made with the folks up at Bali Hai. It's a TIMESHARE PRESENTATION! Sad that even though we are Pahio owners I feel we are being bullied to buy into Whyndham since Whyndham bought Pahio out? IDK but doesn't that automatically make me a part of Whyndham then? Why would I spend more money to own what I already own?

Room Tip: go second story or higher as bedrooms face the parking. We wanted to sleep with the sliders open but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Up on arrival the cocierge tried to send us to some timeshare presentation, but didn't push it too much. Plenty of parking, good pools, but the beach is not swimable. You definately need a car. The condo D16 was clean, had all the amenities, but besides the TVs, everything is from the seventies, so it's all slightly used. The beds aren't very comfortabe.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am an owner of one of the Condos at Kauai Beach Villas and can say with authority that they have one of the Best, if not the BEST, Condos on the Island of Kauai! In September of 2012 I came on my 9th visit on Kauai and, as ALWAYS, stayed at my Home away from Home - KBV. I own a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit in D building. I have seen KBV improve year after year an am always 110% pleased with how my unit is being kept. Being an owner is the beswt investment I have made in regards of vacation Condos. Beginning at the Front office all the way to the house keeping KBV excells in all areas. I am very pleased to write this review and strongly suggest that you give them a call and set up your next vacation to Kauai at Kauai Beach Villas.

Room Tip: Being disabled I suggesr that you get a unit on the lower level. I can walk a little and the 3 step...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
KC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Recently spent 3 nights at Kauai Beach Villas. We booked months in advance through Wyndham where we are VIP Gold owners. We booked a lower level 2 bed 2 bath unit (which is what was available). Our unit was fairly outdated but large and had all the usual amenities we expect from Wyndham 2/2 units. My big complaint was the bedrooms were a little below grade, because the entrance was on that side and was lower than the pool side. Bedrooms were smelly, moldy and the AC's (in the bedrooms only) didn't help that situation at all. The beds were old, hard and with poor quality linens. We walked on the beach a couple of times but there is no swimming as it's very rocky and rough. I'm all about the views when I'm near the beach and we had a limited view of pool on one side of unit and parking/construction on the other side. It's close to airport but if I were to stay in Lihue again, I'd stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: We were in building A, which is as far from the beach as you can get. G is being renovated right no...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went there and they had some construction going on by the ocean front rooms so they moved us up from in the middle of a parking lot to an ocean veiew room!!!! Free movie, board game, card game, beach toy rentals , great place to walk in throught the beach in the morning, you can see alot of fish swimming around, but you can't go in the water the current is too strong!

Room Tip: no A/C in rooms...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in 16D, which is a large 2-bdrm unit on the second floor. It was definitely worth it to be on the second floor, which gave us a better view of the pond. This unit is older but in good working condition. We knew we would not be spending much time in the room (who would when there are so many beautiful sites on the island.) There is a washer, dryer, dishwasher, 2 air-conditioning units and the kitchen is stocked with all the necessary utensils for cooking and eating. The unit also came with a cooler, which proved to be invaluable for the many beach trips we took around the island. The beach is not close and not good for swimming b/c the surf is pretty rough.

Room Tip: Look out for construction which was going on while we were there. Luckily, our building was not unde...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kauai Beach Villas? Share your experiences!