“Fun, Family Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 45 Activities in Lihue
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Kipu Ranch Adventures, located on the lush island of Kauai, is proud to be one of the top eco-tours in Hawaii. We enable visitors and residents alike to discover the rich history, landscape and legends that make Kauai activities unique. Ride through lush green pastures, venture down into tropical Hule'ia Valley, and ascend to majestic Haupu for a breathtaking view of Kipu Kai, Kauai's untouched paradise. Experience many blockbuster movie spots such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Outbreak, and Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark. This is tropical 4x4 off road touring at its finest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Orance County
“Fun, Family Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

I think previous reviewers have captured all there is to say. We did an ATV tour. There are some incrediable views they take you through and the staff takes safety very seriously, they make you go through a test section to make sure you can handle it. There is a stop a lagoon/river were you can swing from a rope over the water and back or even dip in (my 7 year old niece did it, but she's a brave one) I went about a year ago, and they showed so much appreaciation for us being there, they depend a lot on tourism and since the recession all of Hawaii is struggling. I would definitely recommend this company, our tour guide was knowledgeable and there are some great views.

Horseheads,NY
3 attraction reviews
“Exciting way to see some of inner island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

We had "Pig Whisperer" James as one of our guides. He has worked this land and was able to inhance our experience. Would definitely recommend as alternative for those that don't want to fly over the island. Safety lesson before starting the adventure so great for someone that has never driven an ATV before this. The machines do get a workout but Randon was right there to assist.

Olathe, Kansas
28 attraction reviews
“What a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

My wife and I went on the Kipu Ranch 4 hour waterfall tour. This was a great experience. We had a Rhino, which is a really fun, easy vehicle to drive. The ranch is absolutely huge, and truly a remarkable place. There is so much natural beauty, you'll have a hard time driving while taking it all in. Our tour guide would continually show us native fruit and let us try a little of it, which really added to the tour. The swimming spots are really nice, especially the last waterfall (though it might have been a little cold). Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable about all things on the tour, and the island in general.

Its pretty expensive at over $280 for the two of us plus tax, but I will say its worth it.

Denver, CO
15 attraction reviews
“Kipu Ranch ATV Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

My family and I took the 3 hour tour a few days before Christmas. Though my 15 year old originally was complaining because she wanted to drive her own ATV, she had a blast riding with Dad on a Rhino (the 2 seater side by side).

Throughout the tour, we stopped at various points for photo opportunities and a chance to learn about the ranch and the movies made in that area.
The guides were very good at making sure that everyone felt comfortable on their ATV's. It was safe and it was so much fun.

The ATV tour was AWESOME! It was a highlight of our vacation and one that will remain in our memories forever.

Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Kipu ATV tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

ATVing wasn’t our favorite activity in Kauai, but it was worth the time and money if you’ve never done it. We had the choice between Kipu ATV and Kauai ATV. We went with Kipu and weren’t disappointed. The 3-hour tour was rugged and I was thankful that we booked the 2 person ATV because I wouldn’t have been comfortable driving. My husband enjoyed driving the ATV, while I sat back in the cushy back seat. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and over emphasized safety. This isn’t a trip that they will let you lose on the ATV (most of our speeds were between 5-15 mph); we stopped numerous times to review safety. I would recommend Kipu ATVing, but know that you don’t get to go through the lava tube that you see in many ATVing pictures online. I believe you go through the tunnel with Kauai ATV. The Kipu ATVing trip was a good experience, but we wouldn’t go out of our way to recommend it.