“Lots of fun, but not a thrill...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 28 Tours & Activities in Lihue
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Kipu Ranch Adventures, located on the lush island of Kauai, is proud to be one of the top eco-tours in Hawaii. We enable visitors and residents alike to discover the rich history, landscape and legends that make Kauai activities unique. Ride through lush green pastures, venture down into tropical Hule'ia Valley, and ascend to majestic Haupu for a breathtaking view of Kipu Kai, Kauai's untouched paradise. Experience many blockbuster movie spots such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Outbreak, and Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark. This is tropical 4x4 off road touring at its finest.
Tucson, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun, but not a thrill...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

First off, we did the waterfall/lunch tour. Beware: YOU WILL GET DIRTY and the mud does NOT wash out. Wear something you won't miss.

The guys at Kipu Ranch are the best; very friendly and helpful. The guys like their jobs and they enjoyed telling their guests about the gorgeous scenery and history (quite interesting). We happened to go with 14 people, so the rest stops were a little too frequent and lunch a bit too long. I would recommend going with a smaller group, if possible.

WARNING: Try not to wave off the ferns and foliage with your hands or you'll be introduced to a plant called Cat's Claw. Scratches and thorns galore! They *really* hurt.

I'm a rather impatient type and I couldn't wait till I got to the waterfall. This was my only true disappointment. I thought we would have lunch BY a waterfall and get to wash off some of the mud, but the waterfall comes at the END of the tour down behind their offices. It's a steep and slippery path down to the waterfall (sorry, it's not a gushing waterfall as imagined), so with a bad back, I had to decline and wait above.

In all, it was just a little tamer than expected, but if I could give a rating of 4.5, I would. I had a good time with good people and, yes, I'd do it again.

Visited October 2013

Detroit, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Perfect way to see the mountains!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was an activity my new husband really wanted to do but I was not convinced. Boy was I wrong. The four hour waterfall tour was amazing! We had a blast with Justin our guide (definitely request him, has worked there for 14 years).

We had a small group of only 8 of us. It was wet, muddy and absolutely the time of our lives. All of the pictures from our trip these turned out the best. The views of the mountains was truly outstanding. We also like seeing the movie sites including Indiana Jones swing. We spent most of the time riding will only small breaks for lunch and swimming. Lunch was adequate -sandwiches but plenty to go around.

This would be my "must do" activity on Kauai. Such a blast! Make sure you have dirty old clothes and shoes that can be tossed. Don't bring anything too valuable. We covered our nice book bag and camera with a poncho.

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“First timer and loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went on the 3 hour ranch tour. It was great! The tour guides were very informative. Their emphasis on safety and education put me at ease and helped me to enjoy it even more. They did so well with a guest who wanted to do his own thing, which would endanger the rest of us. I was really impressed with the guides. Thanks for making my first ATV adventure so enjoyable

Visited November 2013
Gresham, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Do it every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Kipu Ranch is absolutely beautiful! The views are breathtaking and the crew is amazing! They are very personable and fun! We take the ranch tour every time we go to Kaua'i..... we've taken our kids and granddaughter....everyone loves it!

Visited May 2013
Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
“Excellent ATV adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I live on Kauai, and we don't often do "activities" - we were gifted this one for our birthdays. We did the early-morning ranch tour. It was great! Starting off with a little driver's training and some instruction, every part of the tour was good. I was very impressed with the company's organization and communications with each other and the guests. The vehicles were in good shape and our guides were superb - very personable and friendly, knowledgeable about Kauai history and nature. I learned things I didn't know about Kauai history and thoroughly enjoyed myself seeing a part of Kauai that we would not be able to reach otherwise. Yes, you get dirty! But not as dirty as I expected. I highly recommend it. It was great fun.

Visited October 2013