“Waterfall Tour - highlight of my trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 28 Tours & Activities in Lihue
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Kipu Ranch Adventures, located on the lush island of Kauai, is proud to be one of the top eco-tours in Hawaii. We enable visitors and residents alike to discover the rich history, landscape and legends that make Kauai activities unique. Ride through lush green pastures, venture down into tropical Hule'ia Valley, and ascend to majestic Haupu for a breathtaking view of Kipu Kai, Kauai's untouched paradise. Experience many blockbuster movie spots such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Outbreak, and Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark. This is tropical 4x4 off road touring at its finest.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Waterfall Tour - highlight of my trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went on the 4-hour ATV tour that included visiting two waterfalls and swimming in the river. It was fantastic!
Our guide, Troy, was awesome. He was fun, knowledgable, accommodating, and authoritative. He started the tour with clear instruction on operating the machines safely and made it clear that if anybody does anything stupid they'll have to ride passenger. This is critical for making sure nobody ruins the trip for the rest of the group.
With the serious business out of the way, we had a great time. He stopped to let us take plenty of pictures, told stories about the ranch and the surrounding land, answered all our questions, even his jokes were fun. He also pointed out interesting plants like wild plums, wild coffee, that plant that appears to die when you touch it (but recovers over time).
We stopped at a rope swing where a scene from Indiana Jones was filmed and had a chance to swim in the river there. We had lunch at one waterfall, and swam at the second. The lunch was a simple but delicious sandwich bar and included fresh, local ingredients. The waterfall we swam at was a nice large pool canvassed by the tallest bamboo I've seen anywhere.

The whole experience was wonderful, I had so much fun. If I had time, I would have gone back to do the other tour, which I've heard is more scenic. Next time I visit Kauai, I'll do it again.

Casie K, at Kipu Ranch Adventures, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Mahalo for taking the time to share your wonderful review of your tour with us here at Kipu Ranch! We are glad you enjoyed your time out on the ranch with Troy! We look forward to having you back for the 3 hour Mountain and Ranch tour the next time you visit the island of Kauai. A hui hou (until next time) - KRA Crew

Loveland, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“Jurrasica ATV take back adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We took the waterfall ATV tour while in Kauai to take in some scenes of some famous movies, to experience part of Kauai you can't explore by car and to jump in some waterfalls. We were very pleased with our guides and would definately recommend this adventure for anyone that wants to have a little fun and if it rains....get a little muddy-so much fun!

Houston, TX
15 attraction reviews
“Waterfall tour a great way to see the scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went on the waterfall AM tour in December and enjoyed it. We've ridden ATV's in various places & I'd consider the trail/speed pretty demanding in certain points- def. for older teenagers & not younger kids. The scenery was gorgeous, but I'm just not sure I needed 3 hours of it or it wasn't that interesting for the whole trip.

We first stopped at a canal with a rope swing for a brief break, then headed off to a lunch spot. Lunch was delicious- make your own sandwich & chips. Then finally we returned to a place near the main garage to visit the small waterfall.

It wasn't too muddy when we were there, but it did get dusty near the end of our ride.

Overall, I'd have probably rather spent the day enjoying the beach & other scenery on the island.

Visited December 2012
Costa Mesa, California
5 attraction reviews
“ATV waterfall tour was one of the highlights of our Kauai trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did the ATV tour at Kipu ranch and we had a blast. So much fun. Our guides Kimo and Lumbo were great. They were fun, very knowledgeable about the ranch property and made us feel comfortable on the ATVs (first time). The tour itself was awesome. Mud puddles all over, beautiful views, movie backdrops, rope swinging over river, swimming in waterfall at the end. Highly recommend this for anyone looking for stuff to do on Kauai.

Boca Raton, Florida
16 attraction reviews
“horseback riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

a real change of pace - unique - 2 hours of riding along the coast and into the mts - thoroughly enjoyable