“Wings Over Kauai” 5 of 5 stars

$135*
and up
Ranked #1 of 46 Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard for your personalized Grand Deluxe Tour. This is the ultimate air tour of the Garden Isle. Please use the web link to go directly to our site for personalized service. We like to work with our customers to give you the best tour we can and that is best handled through the Wings Over Kauai Web Site. Mahalo, Ellen
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Manila
“Wings Over Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

After reading the reviews on trip advisor, we chose to go on a tour with Wings Over Kauai. Everything promised from all the previous reviews proved true. Excellent friendly service, personalized tour, comforting pilot, and amazing views of the island for a much better price then most tours. I would actually pay higher than the going rate for this tour of the island because of Bruce (the pilot) being so knowledgable about the island. It was fun being part of the pre-flight preparations as we went through the flight checklist and learned a bit about planes and airports. Bruce was handed a tough deck with one of his passengers having a tendency for motion sickness and the other a fear of flying. He calmed us both and provided useful advice in avoiding motion sickness- we both enjoyed the flight with no problems at all. We got amazing weather for our flight and it went by too fast. The helicopters do get much lower than the plane, but as Bruce said, "If the engine fails in a plane, we can glide." Not true for helicopters. The higher altitude of the plane still provided for stunning views of beautiful Kauai. I highly recommend this experience for anyone considering a tour of the islands.

• Korean first
Oak Ridge,TN
“Great people, great trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We were orignally supposed to do a tour on Christmas Eve. Bruce came back from the flight before ours and said that the Napali Coast was covered by clouds. He gave us the option to reschedule which we did for a flight a few days later. The rescheduled flight was super! The weather was excellent and the commentary about the island was excellent. WE got some great photos! It is a BEAUTIFUL island and Bruce & Ellen are really nice people. You felt like you were with friends you had known for years. I highly recommend there flight!

Raleigh, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
“Perfect anniversary gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

We cannot say enough good things about this tour and this company! We booked a trip with Ellen and she was so friendly and helpful. The weather on the day of our flight was a little iffy so they rescheduled us at another time with no problem. They were so accommodating and it showed how much they appreciate their customers. The aerial tour itself was unbelievable. The island is so beautiful and this was an awesome way to spend our anniversary. Bruce was such a nice guy and he was fun to spend time with during our flight. This is an anniversary we will never forget all thanks to Wings Over Kauai. No one should miss this adventure on a trip to Kauai!

San Diego
“You Can't Regret It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

The other reviewers have said it all but I am still compelled: You will like Bruce and Ellen (and their family) and entirely trust Bruce's professionalism. They will treat you well. Bruce will keep up the interesting observations even if you don't comment, and is well versed in any subject matter you might bring up. We've done helicopter tours on two other islands and I prefered this by far. The viewing was just as good, and comfort just as high (with the Bose noise cancellation headphones.) The only thing I noticed was that the helicopters would take you down into a coastal canyon, but having seen these from the ocean and the ridges, the (intrusive) flight in would have added nothing.

(And the reviewer who just mentioned the tip was right. The Coulombes are without any hucksterism that the tourist industry thrives on. You could tell that Bruce really, really, tried to make an effort by way of a joke, but at the same time the concept was plainly abhorrent to him - it made me smile to myself. In fact I felt strange giving a "tip" to a consummate professional so I snuck it in to Ellen later. Remember - they really treat you right at a great value.)

Corona, California
“ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I called Wings Over Kauai to book a flight for my birthday, and I cannot say enough great things about this company. I spoke with Ellen on the phone a couple of times and she was so sweet and helpful in booking our flight. When we arrived, we were greeted by the pilot, Bruce, who wished me a happy birthday, chatted with us a bit, collected our payment, went through a short information and safety briefing, and then took us up on the flight of a lifetime!

Capt. Bruce’s commentary during the flight, including information on the native vegetation and interesting facts about the amazing sights of Kauai (some which are only viewable by air) was fascinating! We were able to open the window at times to get some great pictures without window glare (although, the windows were very clean and we didn’t use flash, so it really didn’t impair our photography anyway.) But it was cool. I can’t recommend this company highly enough! Do it!

Been to Wings Over Kauai Air Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wings Over Kauai Air Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.