“Serviceable Mexican fare” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Avondale, Arizona
“Serviceable Mexican fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you're jonesing for Mexican food in Kauai, this is place to go! We stopped in for lunch after taking our helicopter tour of the island. Great value, and really good food.

Visited October 2012

Kalapaki Beach, Lihue
“Fun outdoor atmospher, delightful service and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Excellent , focused service, fresh food, sitting outside; very enjoyable night out! I also ate there for breakfast and loved the coffee dark and rich flavor.

Visited October 2012
San Diego
“Finally!! Tasty Mexican Food in Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have been to Oahu, Maui, The Big Island and now Kauai. This is the ONLY place we have found food that resembles actual Mexican food. Now mind you, we are from San Diego, I grew up less than 5 miles from the Tijuana border so I realize I may be a little biased, but I can honestly write and recommend Mariachi's. My husband had the Chili Relleno combination plate and ate all of it. I had the Chicken Fajitas. There was so much food I couldn't eat all of it. We sat talking with a gentleman that now lives on the island that is orginally from Los Angeles and he said the same thing about this place being the closest he has come to actaul Mexican food. We have eaten at other Mexican places in Hawaii and left completely dissatisfied and hungry only to eat something when we got back to the vacation rental. Great Place to eat!

New York
“Abundant, good food ,friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We are not big fans of Mexican food. However Mariachi delivered tasty enchiladas and fish tacos , large portions, and the waitress was very friendly and helpful. I saw no negatives in the meal. We took back the leftovers for a snack this morning.

Aiea, Hawaii, United States
“Authentic Mexican Restaurant - Awesome food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were staying in Kauai for the weekend and while driving around exploring the island in our rental car, we heard an ad on the radio for this restaurant so we decided to go. My family is from Oaxaca Mexico and I was thrilled to hear the cooks were from there as well. Our server was from Sonora Mexico and other staff members were from Mexico City, Rosarito, and other places in Mexico. Being Mexican I asked what they recommended for our authentic taste. They offered me the chicken mole from Oaxaca and they offered my boyfriend enchiladas, especially made for him (spicy). They had dos XX on tap. Awesome time, fantastic food, authentic to the core, would love to go back to Kauai for this restaurant. I highly recommend it!!

Visited August 2012