“Finally!! Tasty Mexican Food in Hawaii” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 90 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
San Diego
“Finally!! Tasty Mexican Food in Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have been to Oahu, Maui, The Big Island and now Kauai. This is the ONLY place we have found food that resembles actual Mexican food. Now mind you, we are from San Diego, I grew up less than 5 miles from the Tijuana border so I realize I may be a little biased, but I can honestly write and recommend Mariachi's. My husband had the Chili Relleno combination plate and ate all of it. I had the Chicken Fajitas. There was so much food I couldn't eat all of it. We sat talking with a gentleman that now lives on the island that is orginally from Los Angeles and he said the same thing about this place being the closest he has come to actaul Mexican food. We have eaten at other Mexican places in Hawaii and left completely dissatisfied and hungry only to eat something when we got back to the vacation rental. Great Place to eat!

New York
“Abundant, good food ,friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We are not big fans of Mexican food. However Mariachi delivered tasty enchiladas and fish tacos , large portions, and the waitress was very friendly and helpful. I saw no negatives in the meal. We took back the leftovers for a snack this morning.

Aiea, Hawaii, United States
“Authentic Mexican Restaurant - Awesome food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were staying in Kauai for the weekend and while driving around exploring the island in our rental car, we heard an ad on the radio for this restaurant so we decided to go. My family is from Oaxaca Mexico and I was thrilled to hear the cooks were from there as well. Our server was from Sonora Mexico and other staff members were from Mexico City, Rosarito, and other places in Mexico. Being Mexican I asked what they recommended for our authentic taste. They offered me the chicken mole from Oaxaca and they offered my boyfriend enchiladas, especially made for him (spicy). They had dos XX on tap. Awesome time, fantastic food, authentic to the core, would love to go back to Kauai for this restaurant. I highly recommend it!!

Visited August 2012
Wakefield, RI
“Decent Mexican choice...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice view, outside dining, adjacent to a small shopping area. Very good prices for the area. Of our four meals, the carnitas ($19) were the best. Chile Verdi ($17) was so-so, refried beans did not look homemade. Excellent beer prices ($4 for Coors, $7.50 for 24 oz Modela). Service was adequate. Total lunch bill was $95 (4 entrees, 4 drinks, no appetizers). Overall a decent place and worthy of a return trip.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Idaho, USA
“Shocker!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wow were we surprised to find such good Mexican food in Kauai. We travel the world and this is actually one of our best finds. The servers were very nice and friendly and constantly checked to see if everything was ok. The warm chips, homemade salsa and guacamole were perfect. The beers were super cold and dinner awesome. Also, the price was very good, especially for Kauai!

• Visited May 2012