“Not recommended, undercooked food, questionable service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Arizona
“Not recommended, undercooked food, questionable service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I ordered the BROILED ahi tuna, and was served SEARED ahi (raw in the center). 10 minutes later, after finally being able to flag down our waitress, she took my partially eaten ahi and promised to return. 10 minutes after that, she returned with the same partially eaten ahi, but now more thoroughly cooked (grilled). I guess I was expecting a new piece of ahi, but broiled this time. I'm not sure if re-cooking my partially eaten ahi is really the best restaurant hygiene. Anyway.. by that time, my wife was finished with her meal, I was was re-starting my twice-cooked ahi dinner, which was becoming less appetizing. We called for the manager, who, in all fairness, exceeded our expectations. She refunded the full price of my ahi dinner, and in addition gave us a 15% discount on my wife's dinner. No questions asked, no hassle at all.

The location is nice, with a good view of the bay/ocean/beach area. But I wouldn't return there for another meal.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Missouri
“Great location, mediocre food, horrible service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011 via mobile

A good place to stop off to have drinks. I would not recommend for anything else.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

We went to JJ Broiler's in late October; it was the last meal of our vacation and disappointing because the food was bad. I m not a picky eater, the specialty Slovenic steak was disgusting. Drinks and salad were also bad. Atmosphere on the other hand was good because it is open air and by the beach, and service was fine. I am sure some of the other menu items were better (the tale next to us looked like they were enjoying their ribeyes), but my husband and I made the mistake of ordering the same disgusting thing. I thought the prices were okay, considering the cost of dining out in Kauai.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Food, although service was not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

There were 5 of us and we all thought the food was good. Fish & Chips, Kalua Pork & Cabbage, Clam Chowder, Terriaki Salad, and a roast beef dish (I don't remember the menu's name for it). We were on the patio, and the view was great. The waitress was good when she remembered we were there. We weren't in a hurry so it didn't matter too much though. The prices were quite reasonable. We actually ate there twice while we were in Lihue; so that tells you we liked it reasonable well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Penryn, California
“Incredible view and very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Right next the LIhue Marriott with reasonable prices compared to nearby restaurants, this place is a gem. The service was wonderful and we tried the local favorites, Kalua Pork and Cabbage and Beef & Tomatoes. They were both large, filling portions and very good. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the incredible view of the beach.

• 5 of 5 stars Food