“Truly Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 attractions in Lihue
Type: Sports Complexes
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Come enjoy Kauai's newest sport! Sporting Clays is a very popular sport where 12 and 20 gauge shot guns are used to shoot flying clay targets or "clay pigeons". It is one of the fastest growing and SAFEST sports in the US and it is now available on Kauai! We promise you'll have a "BLAST"!!
Dallas, Texas
“Truly Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our trip to Kauai started off with 2 days of rain, so we decided to see as much as we could from the car. On our way back from Wailua Falls, we stumbled across this unexpected activity with a beautiful view. Ben (owner/instructor) met us as soon as we pulled up and invited us to watch the group on the range - even watching was truly a blast. We were so impressed with Ben that we made the trip back the following day for a lesson. He patiently and safely showed us (relative beginners) how to shoot comfortably. We had an amazing time!!! We did not find much to do in Kauai on rainy days, but visiting Kauai Sporting Clays is an activity that you can enjoy rain or shine! Highly highly highly recommend - Ben is determined to ensure that you enjoy yourself safely; you will have a terrific time.

Chandler, AZ
5 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended activity on beautiful Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I thought this would be an interesting and fun activity for us to enjoy on Kauai, and boy was I right! I haven't shot a rifle since 6th grade Hunter Safety education class but the instructions from Ben were so precise that I hit quite a few clays. It was a blast and I think I hit more than my husband...but who's counting?

Huge emphasis on safety, which was appreciated and made me respect the rifle and not be scared of it.

There's more to Kauai than beach time, luaus, and shopping. I HIGHLY recommend this activity! Thank you, Ben.

Calgary, Canada
“Unexpected Blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stumbled upon this unexpected blast on our way to Wailua Falls. Having never fired a gun before, my son and I decided to give it a try. Ben went out of his way to accommodate our schedule. He gave us one to one tutorials both for my son and myself and was an excellent teacher and takes safety very seriously. We would definitely do this again if the chance were to arise.

Snohomish, Washington
“This was a blast! (literally)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Similar as others, I found Kauai Sporting Clays on Trip Advisor. Every review to-date is spot on. Instructor/ owner Ben, is outstanding. This may not be a typical activity consideration for a Hawaii vacation but my gosh, glad we made the stop. I trap-shoot a couple times a year at home, but my wife had never done it. Ben's instruction A-Z was phenominal... wife loved it, and was blasting clay pigeon targets immediately. I certainly learned a few things and improved my target hits too.

We plan to return once more before end of our trip. Can't miss the bright orange sign 'Sporting Clays' on left, on way to Wailua Falls from Lihue. Great people out there and really, a heckuva lotta fun!

Visited March 2013
Nelson, Canada
“Just a Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Took my 15 and 13 year old daughters here for their birthdays - neither had a shot a gun before. Ben the owner is an outstanding instructor. Very knowledgeable, very encouraging, very patient, good sense of humour - truly a natural.

Set up is very good, very safe even for the most novice of shooters.

My older daughter did not love the noise but enjoyed the experience. My younger daughter really enjoyed it all.

I have shot guns a lot but only sporting clays once - absolutely loved it. Looking forward to my next visit.

Visited March 2013