“A great side trip on a rainy day” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 36 things to do in Lihue
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis
36 attraction reviews
“A great side trip on a rainy day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

After dealing with the rain for the better part of the day, we decided to look for something inside to do.

Koloa Rum Company has a small store and offers limited tastings - about every half an hour. I believe you get 4 one ounce pours. The tasting was informative and interesting. The rum itself was pretty good, but I wasn't up for the $35 a bottle price. A little hint - if you like the rum and want to take some home, Costco (on the islands) carries it was much cheaper.

Visited September 2013

“Excellent Rum, Gift Shop and interesting tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Take time away from the beach to experience local made rum. Sign up for the rum tasting. IDs required! The gift shop is loaded with great souveniers. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“So fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I had so much fun during our short visit to the rum company. The staff is so friendly and fun. Our tasting was delicious and the rum cake is to die for! It is a must do on Kauai!!

Visited September 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been wine tasting and beer tasting, but never liquor tasting. This was great! Happy to know we can find some of them in Washington, DC, but definitely purchased and brought home the gold and spiced. Made for GREAT souvenirs.

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Free Rum Tastings! (But you'll probably buy a bottle anyway)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've never been wine tasting, but I think I'd like rum tasting better anyway! The day we came, they had just launched their coconut rum so we got to sample this as well.
The spiced rum isn't as good as Sailor Jerry (not as strong) but still quite tasty.
And, we also got to sample their special rum cake - double yum!

Since I knew I wouldn't be able to get the coconut rum on the mainland for some time, I bought a bottle as well as a "wine skin" just to be sure it wouldn't bust in my luggage.

Visited July 2013