“OK.....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
Boise, Idaho
“OK.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat brunch on a Sunday and there was not much open, but we did find The Feral Pig. Service was great, food was average and the atmosphere was below average. The place was about half full with about six tables needing clearing. Not great to sit there and see the remains of another person's meal on the next table for 10-15 minutes.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Friendly place, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Went there twice. I can't speak for most diners, but I thought the pork loin was overcooked and too dry. My spouse likes pork overcooked and dry, as do some of my friends, so take this criticism for what it is. The second night I had the fish tacos. That for me was really good. I'm not a big eater and I like spicy foods, so that meal was perfect. That night was the owner's birthday, so everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him and they served everyone a piece of delicious red velvet cake.

Visited March 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Best Breakfast in Kauai? No”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Seeing their advertisement for the best breakfast in Kauai, we stopped in on Sunday morning. Its an easy walk from the Marriott. The Feral Pig is a very old place. They must have been having a bad day. We were told to sit wherever we wanted. But all of the empty tables had dishes on them or had not been cleaned. We took the one table that seemed to be ready. As I sat down, my arm stuck to the table as it was still sticky. There was only one waitress who had more tables than she could handle. She was keeping up fairly well though. We ordered the bananna nut french toast, along with biscuits and gravy. The french toast was very good, but was barely warm. The gravy on the biscuits was ice cold..colder than room temperature. We sent them back to be warmed up. I was finished with my meal when the biscuits and gravy came back. Our waitress was apologetic. It took quite a while for our check to come back. If this is the best breakfast in Kauai, then I'd hate to stop in at the second best. The bill for our two basic breakfasts came to about $25.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Amazing food, awesome drinks, great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We visited Kauai for two nights that ended up being gloomy, misty and chilly. We were within walking distance of the Feral Pig and ended up spending breakfast, lunch and dinner here during our trip. The food is amazing - start your morning with Beermosas and Banana Bread French Toast (don't forget to ask for coconut syrup), have the Feral Burger for lunch and the Kalua Pork or fish tacos for dinner. Or try anything else on the menu...you will not be disappointed. We spent both evenings at the bar mesmerized by Dave's bartending skills. I wasn't sure what I wanted to drink, so Dave "read my mind" and made something awesome every time. Scott was a joy to chat with and Jed was great to us "regulars". Thumbs up, up, UP! for Feral Pig. If you skip it, you are really missing out.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Great Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Had the Suday special, Pork Buger with Pork Belly it was awsome. Great place to go for those rainy days.

Visited March 2012