Our family of 4 (including our children ages 12 and 14) spent 5 lovely days at this resort over Christmas. It was a perfect location as a base for our touring of the beautiful garden isle - away from the hustle and bustle of Po'ipu to the south and Princeville to the north.
Upon arrival from our 17-hour travels from Canada, this resort is only 5 minutes from the airport so after picking up our car rental we were virtually there. The grounds are beautiful and well-kept. Great pool with various locations to suit all needs (including water slide for the kids). While the beach was not swimable at this time of year, the sunrises were gorgeous! Our oceanview suite was well-appointed and comfortable for our family. As an added bonus, the air-conditioning was efficient and ran quietly during the night for you light sleepers out there. Beautiful view of the ocean too!
Buffet breakfast was delicious and plentiful (recommend to get the bed and breakfast rate like we did as likely less expensive than paying for breakfast separately). Poolside food was just ok - only ate there once and wouldn't eat there again - expensive and not the best. All hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and the valet parking was great for the golfing days and days at the beach where we didn't want to lug our stuff to the parking lot. Same price as regular daily parking and we really enjoyed the convenience.
Overall it was a perfect spot for us and we would return if ever back on Kauai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. This hotel features stylish vintage accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambience and is conveniently located close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and more. The hotel also offers complimentary airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, lounge, entertainment, 4 pools, 75-foot lava tube water slide, fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms and ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI