We were very lucky to find that our room had an ocean view - beautiful. The room was a good size, and clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had been recently updated but for some strange reason still had a horrible shower curtain (a glass partition would be much nicer!). The towels were very small but that seems to be standard for American hotels. The room itself could do with an update as it was a little chintzy but fine. The balcony was a good size.
The facilities are fine. The three swimming pools are each a good size. The kids pool looked good too although I didn't use it. The bar by the pool served a nice selection of meals and drinks. There were plenty of comfortable loungers and you can have up to 2 beach towels per person. Again the towels were a little on the small side and looked a bit tatty, but they were clean.
The beach was almost deserted and is a really pretty stretch of golden sand, but the ocean was very rough on this side of the island. The south and north of the island seem to be better for swimming, snorkelling, etc.
The hotel is not within walking distance of any towns so you have to drive everywhere, unless you're happy staying in the resort the whole time. I prefer to visit local restaurants so didn't eat dinner at the hotel. I did use the bar each evening though as all the towns seem to close down at around 10pm. The main bar at the hotel stayed open till circa 11pm but hardly anyone stayed that late so the atmosphere wasn't great (although I think I came off season). They had live music every night until 10pm which was nice, but often the same person and routine. The bar could do with a spruce up too as it is also looking a little old fashioned. We came here for breakfast too as they serve a selection of coffee and pastries. There are a few tables outside overlooking the swimming pool and (sort of) ocean which is nice.
The staff were all nice and helpful. We organised a couple of trips while we were here and weren't disappointed.
Overall a very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kauai Beach Resort is a beautiful Hawaiian plantation-style resort situated oceanfront on 25 lush acres of Kauai's longest exploring and strolling beach. This hotel features stylish vintage accommodations with modern day amenities and Hawaiian ambience and is conveniently located close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and more. The hotel also offers complimentary airport shuttle service, 2 restaurants, lounge, entertainment, 4 pools, 75-foot lava tube water slide, fitness center, spa, business center, meeting rooms and ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Kauai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai Beach Resort - An Aqua Boutique Hotel Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Hotel
- Hilton Lihue
- Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
- Lihue Hilton
- Kauai Beach Resort HI