“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to feel the Napali Coast - we got it. We were thinking back and forth about a heli tour and read all the reviews about the misery having a middle seat and limited view in one of the usual 5 to 6 seat choppers.
Then I found "Mauna Loa helicopters" private tours. They offer flights for two. Yes, there is a price difference (about $ 50 per head) but we were more than happy to have made this "investment". It was an amazing experience - riding "doors off" through the canyons and all along the coastline - just the two of us and the really nice & cool pilot. The view was unlimited and unrestricted, we were close to tears (and that doesn't happen very often to me ;-) ).
Long story short: wonderful tour, very professional company, big recommandation.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having read numerous reviews on helicopter tours and operators in Kauai, I decided on the Mauna Loa because of their 100% excellent ratings on trip advisor and was so pleased with this decision. We (husband & I) opted for the doors off hour long tour of the island. Mauna Loa are one of the few operators that guarantee a window seat and so we both sat in the back and had to resist the urge not to lean out and touch the cliffs that seemed so close. The tour and views were awesome and we have some great video footage and photos. Fabrizio was a fantastic pilot, he provided an informative commentary and let us know when to be ready with our camera. Upon booking the flight we were encouraged to pack suitable clothes for the flight. We had a perfect weather day, minimal cloud and no rain, but it did get a little cool at some parts of the tour. I felt comfortable wearing light jeans and a tracksuit jacket. We noticed another helicopter company nearby with the doors on and the capacity to carry more people and were very glad we had chosen Mauna Loa. We found the tour to be worth the $518 for a couple and would do it again.
Thanks Fabrizio and Mauna Loa

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It is well worth the little extra cost to not be shoe-horned into one of the larger helicopters! The doors off was a great addition--definitely wear long sleeves and I wished I had worn my sunglasses since the wind from the rotor can be a bit strong. I recommend them to anyone visiting Kauai!

Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Incredible views and experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our two wonderful weeks in Hawaii and this helicopter ride in Kauai was definitely one of our highlights!

Everything went beautifully, from the pick up near our port (we were on a cruise for the first week), to our 60 minute flight. Chase was a great pilot who made us feel safe and gave us some fantastic views. He also gave us a wonderful overview of the island with interesting facts without being "too chatty" which was greatly appreciated. The take off and landing were so smooth and he made sure that both my husband and I saw the sites up close.

I had chosen Mauna Loa Helicopters after reading many reviews and discovering that they are one of the few (if not only) companies where you are literally experiencing a private flight (3 guests maximum)....hence everyone has a window seat. In our case, my husband and I had a private flight with just the two of us and the pilot....this was the deciding factor in choosing this company.

The sites themselves were absolutely incredible....Kauai is one of the most scenic places I have ever been! To be able to experience its magical cliffs, sea caves, beaches and waterfalls from this beautiful vantage point was both magical and humbling!

Thanks again Chase for a wonderful flight and memories!

Lisa and Drew from Toronto, Canada :)

Ljubljana, Slovenia
29 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I like helicopter tours and lost count on how many times I had them (New York, Rio De Janeiro, Iguasu falls, Bora Bora,....), but this time it was completely different!!! It was a helicopter tour just for me and my son for the price you normally pay for just two seats on a crowded helicopter tour. We had an open door experience (just on my side) which was kind of scary at the start, but then it was great (especially for taking photos), the pilot was great and told us a lot about the island. This was absolutely THE BEST helicopter experience I ever had!!!