“Good Luau” 4 of 5 stars

Kansas City, Missouri
26 attraction reviews
“Good Luau”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I were here for our 5th wedding anniversary, The show was entertaining, staff were friendly, venue was clean. We enjoyed the trades people before the show a gentleman sculpted a tiki statue for my son which he requested we bring back from Hawaii and carved his name into it, there were some beautiful jewelers. Had to try the Poi just because we were in Hawaii, not a favorite I will not be missing that anytime soon. The talent of the dancers is amazing I don't think I would trust myself throwing fire around like that.

Visited September 2013

Albany, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“Good show, Food was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The show was different and pretty entertaining. It was more of a play where they told you what was happening instead of the normal Hula style that let's the dancing tell the story. All in all it was good and entertaining. The train ride was informative if you could hear over everyone talking and pretty interesting. The drinks were also quite good and almost necessary to enjoy the food. It wasn't bad food, but the expectations for a luau should be higher. I would try a different place next time.

Bedford, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Amazing Luau - the show was narrative rather than just a variety type combination of acts. The dancing and music told the story of the Tahitians coming north and finding Hawaii. The good was great. It was VERY large (probably 1200 guests), but it was very well managed, and the lines for the buffet were not a long wait at all.

Richmond Hill, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“A great evening of entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were very pleased to have chosen Luau Kalamaku. Great meal (fresh fish, pork, salads, open bar, and of course poi!). The entertainment was high quality and spiritual. We loved the fact that it was all done to a story. The performers sticking around for photos after the show was a very nice touch and made for some excellent pictures. We were not sure we wanted to go to a luau on our trip to Kauai, but are very pleased that we did and that we chose Luau Kalamaku.

Scappoose
3 attraction reviews
“Not your ordinary Luau show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We did the plantation owners dinner which since we have been to luau's before this was a nice change. It mentioned a champagne brunch which meant one glass of champagne :( . I liked the four course meal at Gaylord's very nice more options would have helped. After dinner we were escorted to the show by several very nice torch bearers a very nice touch! And we got some great seats right up front. I like the show better than normal luau's. It was professional and told a story! I would recommend if you are looking for a good luau on Kauai it is right up there with the Smith Gardens luau can't really compare though they were completely different. I liked the touch of a real flower lei instead of shells. The torch bearers came back to lead us back to Gaylords which helped in the dark !

Visited January 2014