“Amazing, worth the price!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 45 Activities in Lihue
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Phila, Pa
“Amazing, worth the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went with my husband, his brother and parents (ages 30-60). We had 7 people total in our helicopter, so one other couple. I was very nervous, but as soon as you get into your seat, you put headphones on that have nice soothing music to calm you down :). The entire trip was so exhilarating. The sites, breathtaking. The pilot, very nice and entertained us with fun facts throughout the flight. Highlight of our trip!

Boise, Idaho
5 attraction reviews
“Best way to see the sights of Kauai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I would suggest that you take a ride on Blue Hawaiian when you arrive on Kauai. This fantastic trip allows you to get a good perspective of the many sights of the Island and to plan your adventures with first hand knowledge. Our pilot, Nathan, was highly skilled and interested in pleasing the passengers. He flew through a double rainbow twice so we could see both ends of the rainbow. The ride was comfortable and scenic as we flew over canyons, mountain tops, beaches and waterfalls. This is our second trip with this company, and we highly recommend them.

Visited February 2013
Athens, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Solid, Professional Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We flew with Blue Hawaiian in early February on their standard Kauai tour. We booked online before arriving and took the tour on our second day on Kauai. We found the pickup location to be a bit difficult to find, its on an interior facing retail space inside a two story retail/office complex.

There was a quick safety video and orientation, then we were off to the van to be taken to the Helipad.

Seats are pre-assigned. We had the front and it was probably the best views but the tightest fit. Joeff (sp?) was our pilot and did a good job touring the island. The bulk of the visit was 15 minutes in Wiemea Canton and 30 minutes inside the Napali Coast and some interior waterfalls. I wish I had done some additional research on tours, as I would have enjoyed spending more time going around the island and seeing the coastline, beaches, the lighthouse, and the coastline near Kapaa.

Overall, the tour was nice and the company/pilot were top notch, but I'm not sure it was the breathtaking experience I was expecting. I found similar views from the end of the Canyon's road later on in the trip, and on some of the hiking available on the island.

Visited February 2013
houston, texas
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We really loved our helicopter tour. Blue Hawaiian is a touch higher priced, but when you get to the heliport and see the other outfits copters, it becomes obvious BH is worth it. Their Ecostar copters are much nicer than the others. A first class business all the way. Tour & narration were great. Its Kauai, so sometimes you may get clouds/drizzle, but it makes for better waterfalls and rainbows. I almost cried when I saw the beauty os Mt Waialeale. BH is worth the few extra bucks

New Jersey
“Stunning views, safe and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The guest services rep at our hotel convinced me and my husband to take a Blue Hawaiian helicopter ride over Kauai, and I'm so glad we did! I have never been on a helicopter before so was a little nervous, but the crew and our pilot Geoff made us feel safe and comfortable.

You just can't beat the views of the valleys, Waimea Canyon, Na Pali Cliffs, beaches, waterfalls, and more.

Geoff, the pilot, was very knowledgable and gave great commentary.

If you have the time, I recommend spending the little extra and taking this tour. One recommendation is booking in advance and not scheduling for your last day. Two couples on our tour had cancelations due to weather so had to reschedule for the next day.