“Great location for the inbetween nights...” 4 of 5 stars

Kauai Palms Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2931 Kalena Street, Lihue, Kauai, HI 96766   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lihue
Oregon coast
“Great location for the inbetween nights...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I found this place some years ago while car camping. My car broke down, and it was raining, as it had been for two days. I was so glad to find an affordable, clean, nice place right in the middle of town, so I could walk to places to eat, the store, etc..

This last time I had a dawn flight and wanted the space and location to get ready to fly out. In my haste to make it out in the morning, and not needing them at the time, I forgot my sunglasses, and they were kind enough to send them to me on the mainland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night this August. We had a long flight over and didn't Have access to our northshore condo we had rented until the day after we arrived.
This hotel is a small two story hotel. We had two rooms, one on the main floor and one on the second floor. For both of the rooms it was $95, which we thought was an excellent price!!
The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from the airport, the lady running the front desk when we arrived was very pleasant and helpful. They offer free continental breakfast, or you can just do what we did and pop downstairs to grab a coffee and go out for breakfast.
There was an AC unit in the first floor room, no AC in the second floor room, however there was a better breeze upstairs: both rooms did have ceiling fans though! You will be woken up by e roosters...but they are every in KauAi...you get used to it.
The beds were pretty comfortable, bathrooms were a decent size, and the rooms were both Very clean!

Overall our stay was great, especially for the price, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
san jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I loved staying at Kauai Palms. Corrina the GM was kind and gracious when I arrived tired. She was helpful guiding me around via maps and conversation. My room was small, cozy and wonderfully clean and rennovated. Amazingly, the price was within my skinny budget. It was withing walking distance to the beach and airport (if you like to walk). The hotel kitty Princess was delightful, coffee excellent, computer always available, and the lobby was so comfortable. Corrina and I had a lovely long chat as she waited with me for my exiting taxi. The area is safe and comfortable. I checked excellent pool but I dont think there was a pool. I will be back! Thanks again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I booked the room on-line and didn't realize that the front desk closed for the evening at 9pm so it' a good thing I looked at my confirmation receipt because our flight had been delayed and we weren't going to make the 9pm closing time. I called and spoke to someone (forgot her name) and explained our situation and was told that they would get back to me. Well, someone eventually did get back to me and we worked out the key situation, so that was a plus.

Location is good, near the airport and right in Lihue and within walking distance to restaurants. You wouldn't know that the hotel was there because you have to go down a side street - also because we got in late there was no noticable parking available however, on another little street in the back of the property there was additional parking. We had a end room near the road on the ground floor with a king bed and two single beds and a kitchen area - microwave, mini refrigerator, hot plate, silverware, plates but no pans. Of course we didn't need to cook but if we needed it was available. Room had an air conditioning unit which was near one of the beds (a little noisy but okay). The room was clean and simple. The bathroom was small but had the complimentary toiletry items (lotion, soap, shampoo) which was nice and there was a large closet with lots of hangers.

The hotel is older so the insulation isn't the best so we could hear conversations going on from other rooms but nothing overwhelming but did I mention the roosters? Well, they do go off but I don't think the hotel has any control over that. The property itself reminded me of being on a plantation with lots of foliage and greenery.

Overall, nothing amazing but if you are looking for an good value, clean room, and good location, Kauai Palms fits the ticket.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St-Jean, Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were in Kaua’i in July 2012 and we needed a place to stay for our first two nights and for our last night on the island. We couldn’t have chosen a better place! The rooms are small but clean, the hotel is at a five minutes drive from the airport, five minutes drive from Kalapaki beach. In a five minutes walking range there are four or five good, not expensive little restaurants, a convenience store with a good selection of beers, and the Kaua’i museum. They also have free internet access and free coffee and muffins in the morning. But the best about this place is the staff. I’ve traveled quite a bit, and I have never encountered a more friendly, smiling and helpful staff! We felt like we were members of the family visiting. They go out of their way to help you and it’s not because the official policy of the hotel says that they have to provide you with this or that. It’s simply because they are nice people who like what they do and who like people.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Are you looking for a big fancy resort on the beach in Kauai? This isn't your place. However, if you want a nice clean room at a hotel with great customer service at a reasonable price, this place is a great call. We had stayed at a private residence for a week on Kauai, and just needed an extra night of accomidations. I saw the high ratings in trip advisor and decided to give Kauai Palms a try. It's an older property, but clearly the current owners have made numerous upgrades, everything was clean, every contact with the staff was pleasant, and we felt like the price was right. I would have rather been here for a week than at the private residence that we had rented. I would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gardena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We wanted a place to stay for one nite before we left Kauai. The location is great! It is a quick drive to the airport (5min ) and one block to Hamura's Saimin ( a must if you like saimin or Lilikoi chiffon pie).
The room is very small as well as the shower, but it is also CLEAN and had the convenience of a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The air conditioning was sufficient and worked well. I would stay here again also. It works for one or two people. The staff is friendly and you will wake up to roosters, but no big deal. The staff is extremely nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for airconditioning .