Good Marriott hotel right on the bay. Though not directly on ocean I wound up liking it better as you can easily see ocean and surrounding mountains that create the bay which gives you more to look at while laying at the beach or at the pool. Additionally swimming and playing in the bay is much safer.
Rooms were nice, I'm a hotel snob so would classify as good not great. Almost every room has an ocean or bay view. I requested a pool view and have a view of both the pool and ocean without paying for the ocean view price. Be sure to request a high floor. That ensures a better bay or ocean view room and helps with the wildlife noise. There are a lot of wild chickens and roosters all over Kauai. Not a big deal and never a bother but crow in the morning.
Be sure to check out Captain Andy's Na Pali coast tour, we paid extra for the southern star boat. Also for cheap good eats go to Pula Dog in Poipu and Paco's Taco's north of the Marriott.
Lastly the rooms have a mini fridge and no one seems to care if you bring your own food and drink down to the pool or beach. Given its a resort proves for drinks are on the high side so head north to Safeway and pick up a few bottles of your favorite whiskey or rum and spice up your coke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Kauai Marriott Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Kauai Marriott Resort HI