We expected a good experience from the reviews we read, but we were still surprised -- and delighted. The Inn is not for those that are happy only in an opulent resort atmosphere -- the beach isn't right outside the door and our shower was too small to be comfortable (not enough to dent our 5-star rating), but the bed was incredibly comfortable, the room was clean, the proprietors and staff are friendly and helpful, all the necessary amenities were in place; and games, movies, beach and surf gear are freely available to borrow. Beach, the airport, and good, reasonably-priced restaurants are nearby. And the room and gardens -- and the proprietors -- are INTERESTING! We'll stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Hotel
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, T4B, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.