A dear friend and I stayed at the lovely Garden Island Inn, in Lihue, for only one night, (and will now be for a longer stay on a future trip due to value and our experience!). Unique concept with colorful beautiful local Kauai Art throughout the Inn/Hotel, quaint & quiet garden area, our suite was clean and comfortable beds, with kitchenette, affordable and close to lovely Kalapaki beach (our suite was the ‘Orchid Suite’ on top floor with view of the beach). It was a perfect spot and stayover from the Airport, where we then headed the next day to the North Shore for the rest of our paradise stay in Kauai. We enjoyed a great brunch the next morning, at the Kalapaki “beach hut”, at Germaine’s recommendation...the same sweet woman I booked our stay over the phone with, and chatted with!).
The staff, and hospitality unique to an “Inn or small Hotel” & friendly Owners we chatted with, all warmed our hearts with their own stories, and Germaine, with her authentic aloha spirit and smile ...made our short stay at the Garden Island Inn the "home stopover" that it was. Offering their authentic generosity and helpfulness (above and beyond), in so many ways, just as 'friends' would, and always with aloha spirit, smiles and laughs. On our return from the North Shore to Lihue, we stopped by again to visit the Inn and staff, and were thrilled to see Germaine there again...very helpful in storing our luggage, while we returned our rental car across from the Inn before our return flight, and we shared more stories of our incredible stay on Kauai. And Germaine, your gifted macadamia chocolates were heartfelt & delicious of course...mahalo again, for your thoughtfulness! ~S~ We both left some aloha roots there along with our footprints, to return again to the tropical paradise we found and your welcome tradewinds (and will stay at the Garden Island Inn longer on next visit). Mahalo to our new friends at the Garden Island Inn - you have a quaint & lovely treasure in paradise! "A hui hou" from your new friends ‘M&M’ with an abundance of newfound aloha spirit! ~S In the meantime...we’ll keep the aloha alive in seeing your Facebook page posts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI