This is a well loved, beautiful property that reminds you of the way things used to be. Local calls are free, vending machine cokes are $0.75, and beach equipment is available to check out. The staff treats their guests just the way they would want to be treated and are wonderful people.
Although the rooms are small, they are clean and well appointed with beautiful island paintings done by a local artist. Fresh flowers from the many gardens on the property brighten the rooms.
If you are expecting a high end hotel, this isn't the place for you. If you are looking for amazingly friendly service, a "happy" old fashioned hotel..then stay here. You won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Hotel
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.