We based out of this hotel for five days and it provided a great location to see the entire island.
The hotel is a 60s style three level with small rooms and gorgeous paintings of the island as a motif. The artist has left for the mainland, but the atmosphere is layback and tropical. The staff is caring and friendly, and do provide suggestions for dinner/activities with a native pride.
It is not the Grand Waileah Hotel so do not be disillusioned. It is a great alternative to the regal palaces that have blossomed all over Hawaii. It is a step back in time with all the access to beach/stores and restaurants that you could want.
I slept with no a/c just the sound of a waterfall and the trade winds blowing through the open jalousie windows. How many review stars does that get?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI