I searched for a non-chain-hotel type place and with the help of reviews, chose this one. It's exactly as described. It's charming, the staff is friendly, I had everything I wanted and then some. It has a/c, free loaner items at the desk, and free wi-fi which was strong enough to enjoy. I loved my room, exactly as pictured on their site. It has free parking (and the lot seemed full sometimes.). If you are staying here you need a car to explore the island, but you can walk to small shops, a lovely beach, and restaurants at the Marriott. There was just a little traffic noise and the birds do sing, including the chickens that are everywhere. It's a three story building with stairs, not much to see out the windows, but very pleasant and casual inside. I'm so glad I found it, because it was exactly what I wanted.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Hotel
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.