“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great place to stop and grab some food to take for a picnic by the beach (which is a good plan, as there's really no where to sit). A friend recommended it to me before my trip and it was the first place I stopped.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Overland Park,KS
“Great Lunch's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you are looking for a great place for lunch, get in line with the locals and get a plate lunch. Try the special of the day.

Visited October 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
“Not all the hype!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have read all the reviews of the Koloa Fish market and decided to have them cater a party we were having. Beware of how much food they estimate for you as they will over estimate the amount you need. Additionally, they charge a different rate for tourist and locals. While standing by the csh register to fill out/pay for my order, I noticed workers charging people different prices for the same food plates. It was obvious the higher rate was charged to the tourist while the lower rate was given to a local resident. Additionally, the Kalua pork we ordered was not all that. I have had better elsewhere. I would not return to this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edgewater, New Jersey
“Fresh and Fresher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

On a recent stay in Kauai, my wife and I decided to stay in a condo that had a full kitchen. We did this to see what it would be like to grocery shop and cook while visiting Hawaii. The Koloa Fish Market is a little hole in the wall in Old Koloa Town where we bought our fish.. If you blink you will miss it. They have the freshest fish on the island. Everything is freshly caught that day and it is cheaper than any other market we found. You do have to go early and they only except cash.

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, BC
“Must have been an off day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Heard all the hype and convinced my friends to go. We decided to try the two pork plate lunch that came with a small bit of poke and lomi lomi. The kalua pork was grey and tasteless, the poke was the worst we had, the long rice had little if no chicken at all. thankfully we were able to try poke again in Princeville at the grocery store and kalua pork at a luau. Both amazing!

Visited September 2013