“Dan can get you Just about ANYTHING with A Bit of Notice!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Koloa
Type: Shops, Shopping
Phoenix, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
“Dan can get you Just about ANYTHING with A Bit of Notice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

You are 100% correct if you suspect that Dan's Wine shop can NOT compare to Total Wines on the mainland or even COSTCO in Lihu'e for having a huge inventory on hand! That said, if you are going to Kauai like we do several times a year, you can call ahead and he will have your favorite wine and beer, properly chilled and waiting for you when you arrive! And, the price is every bit as competitive as those two mega stores I previously mentioned!! So, the next time you are in Koloa, make sure you stop in and check out what he has on hand!

Visited February 2014

Brooklyn, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Great wine, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Dan helped me select a case of wine for my family's recent stay on Kauai. We communicated by email and phone - he made great recommendations and delivered the wine to our house on the north shore the day we arrived. Recommended.

Visited December 2013
London
4 attraction reviews
“Go see Dano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I can only add my compliments to those before me. Dano and his wife are lovely. The shop is great, and you should also try the terrific steaks. They are so friendly we even got a lift home after our shop. The wines selection is outstanding, and this really is a gem if you are self catering locally.

Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“I thought I would be stuck with grocery store wine...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

...but I was sooo wrong! We were staying on the south side and were just checking out the area when we found the Wine Shop in Koloa. A fantastic shop with a fantastic selection of very nice wines. Here's the best part. I'm pretty sure that the guy that we dealt with was the owner and he was NOT any kind of a wine snob. My wife and I aren't totally ignorant about wine but we certainly aren't experts on wine nor do we pretend to be. He was VERY nice and VERY helpful and didn't make us feel like we didn't belong there. He directed us to two really nice Cabs at an affordable price <20. You can spend a lot of money there on a single bottle of wine if that is your thing though >300. They also have a nice selection of gourmet items and even have some beautiful filets in the cooler if you want to BBQ at the condo. This was a very pleasant surprise and an enjoyable experience and were looking forward to our next visit. PS The owner's rooster got loose. I'm sure if you just bring it in to him he'll be very happy.

Visited June 2013
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My son and his wife to be are in Koloa and my wife and I wanted to give them an arrival gift. Dan O'Connell at "The Wine Shop"was very helpful. I should say I was phoning from the England and had to get the time differences.
My son and his partner were pleasantly surprised by the unexpected gift and delighted by Dan's selection of contents.

Visited April 2013