“Super Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 19 Activities in Koloa
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The “ALOHA SPIRIT” is what the staff at Kauai Down Under is all about! In the Hawaiian language, Aloha means affection, love, peace and compassion. Aloha has also come to be used as an English greeting to say hello, goodbye, and “I LOVE TO DIVE”. Ok, maybe we added the last part! We are pretty sure, however, that the state of Hawaii was nicknamed the “Aloha State”, due to our staffs’ spirit! From first time to advanced divers, the Kauai Down Under Dive Team is all about making your diving experience truly memorable! We are passionate about what we do, the extraordinary island that we live on, and the abundant waters that surround it. From the endemic species living in our reefs, to unique lava tubes and reef formations, Kauai Down Under can help you experience all that Kauai Scuba Diving has to offer. Our PADI-trained professional scuba instructors have been hand-picked from the best of the best. They lead quality tours and offer fascinating briefings which include Hawaiian history and lore. Your surface intervals will be filled with chatter about the critters that you encountered and how amazing the reef structures are. You will be amazed by how well our instructors know these reefs. Their experience means unsurpassed wildlife encounters and dive memories that will never leave you.Kauai Down Under is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort. To have earned this rating, our company has demonstrated excellence in providing traveling scuba divers with memorable dive experiences, phenomenal customer service, an exceptional diver safety record and focus on underwater environmental awareness.You can begin your PADI Open Water Diver Certification, PADI Adventure Diver Certification or PADI Advanced Open Water Certification by completing PADI’s online e-learning program directly from our website in the comfort of your home. Once the e-learning is complete, you can do all of your pool and/or open water dives right here in Kauai’s tropical waters to complete your certification. We are proud to offer PADI’s Digital Underwater Photography and Enriched Air Nitrox courses online through e-learning as well.For all of your equipment needs, we are proud to offer some of the best products available to consumers today. We stock products from companies such as Aqua Lung, Tusa, Mares, Aeris and Deep Sea. Dive accessories are readily available to make you as comfortable and dive savvy as possible. We are also an authorized dealer of Maui Jim sunglasses here on Kauai, and carry a wide assortment of all of your sun protection needs.Click on the “Reservations” link above to book your dives today. We book no more than 4 divers per instructor for superior and very personalized service. Scuba Diving in Kauai will leave lasting impressions. The memories of gracefully gliding endangered Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, elusive and shy Dragon Moray Eels and schooling endemic reef fish will never leave you. Kauai Down Under is the place to experience these and so much more to create once-in-a-lifetime dive moments.
Orange, California, United States
“Super Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband has been diving for a few years with our son. Now that we are empty nesters, he signed me up for the discovery dive with Kauai Down Under Dive Team. Ryan met us and was really easy to understand and very comfortable to dive with. I had no apprehensions at all. I think my husband was pretty impressed too!!!

Visited September 2013

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Hosker Family dive experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We are a family of six and have just returned from Kauai where we went diving Kauai Down Under Dive Team. The experience, from start to finish was excellent. We did 8 dives in total with Greg who was very well organised, extremely professional and we felt totally looked after in every way.

New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Best night dive experience ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was soooooo craving for a night dive and found that Kuai Downunder was doing it every night whereas the other dive shop around did it only Wednesday nights. I also asked them that if I was alone would they cancel? NOPE and indeed I had a night dive all by myself with the dive master Ryan.
Had the best experience ever. I've never seen so many creatures in one dive more then at the landing (shore dive) including day and night dives. I did 2 dives and saw squid, eels, schrimp, 7 turtles!!!!! all sleeping, so cute! a sea hair!!! cucumbers, crawling sea stars, etc.!
My favourite bit of night dives is going under when it is sunset and coming up to soooo many stars! The whole milky way! Anyway I had a blast.
Ryan was great at pointing things out and made sure I had a great time.
Enjoy guys! Happy diving!

Amityville, New York
“Fantastic Dive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I can see why this company doesn't advertise, they don't need to. I met the owner Josh and dove with Derek Budde his right hand man and amazing instructor. We felt totally confident and safe.
Derek was with us at all times and made sure we saw a host of unique fish, sea turtles, etc...
Can't say enough, can't wait to go again with them!
Don B. & Friends

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been diving in many different locations and I found kauai down under one of the best ran operations. They were very attentive to our specific needs. Equipment was well maintained they didn't charge extra for the use of their dive computers. They had chairs setup for us on shore dives and brought the snacks that we liked. We took an advanced class and a nitrox certification and they gave us very reasonable rates. I admit that I had some trouble getting into the zodiac but the staff was very patient with me and helpful. Great experience everything was first class.