“Kids love Uncle's (adults too)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 35 restaurants in Koloa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Seattle, WA
“Kids love Uncle's (adults too)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Yep, we also had to stop in here nearly every night of our stay bc our kids love Uncle's shave ice. And since we were there anyway, the adults enjoyed a shave ice, too! The kids did try other shave ice stands in the area and even up in the Hanalei area, but declared Uncle's to have the best shave ice and the nicest ladies working there. Winning combination!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Woodinville, Washington
“A must "every" night of your vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We just LOVE "Uncle"! Being from the Midwest (GO MSU!) We had a lot of friendly banter about football, etc. (Uncle is a ND fan). Our girls insist that this is the 1st stop we make in Poipu every year we go. In fact, this may be the reason we go every year:)

Visited April 2013
Tulsa
“So sweeeet, both my kids threw it away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

So, I realize that we eat healthy, but my two kids and I love our occasional ice cream. (just to let you know that we are not the type that just can't handle sugar). This was our first time to try Uncle's Shaved Ice. It was ice, loaded with SWEET syrup, so much so that neither of my kids could eat all of the small portion they order. (I did not order one, I just tasted theirs) My 15 year old son, who is not bothered by sugar ever, came back to the room thinking he was going to throw up. I probably had five bites, and I don't feel very good either. If you eat these all the time, and are used to the product, I suppose you might like it. If you are the type that like to watch what you eat, I would stay far away from Uncles. I suggest you head to the ice cream parlor.(as if ice cream is a healthy alternative) Oh, I almost forgot...the man helping us was less than friendly. Spend your money somewhere else.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
mitchroxy
“Shave Ice To Die For!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Their shave ice is sooo good! Of course, I don't think I ever had a bad shave ice on the island. It's all wonderful! Try it some time with ice cream on the bottom, also very good! Which they had these in Michigan! They are NOT snow cones, even through they look just like them. Snow cones are chopped ice. This is very thinly shaved ice and it melts in your mouth! Try one, the next time you're in Hawaii!

Visited March 2013
nc
“Can you say uncle?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Order a small. The servings are so generous that this shave ice lover has been known to discard the serving before finishing! Nooooo! This place is the cleanest and most mall-like place to get shave ice on the island, but lots of options and additions are offered that make it a pleasure. Don't be in a hurry, this is Kauai! Shave ice is an art form and cannot be rushed. "Uncle" can be aloof, but I take that as a personal challenge to make him smile and interact. I like him and I love his shave ice.

• Visited September 2012