“Glad to have a dive with Scuba Steve” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Huntersville, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
“Glad to have a dive with Scuba Steve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I did not think I would have a chance to dive in Kauai but was lucky to have it work out. I called Scuba Steve and was able to do a shore dive with him. It was just the two of us and was great. Steve told me a lot about the history of the dive site and the dive briefing was good to let me know what to expect. The dives were great, lots of fish, turtles, eels and other fauna to see. One of the highlights was hearing the whales off in the distance. I am a fairly new diver and Steve was appropriately patient. He has a well supplied dive truck and his rental equipment was in excellent shape. The site was easy entry and visibility was great. I cannot imagine a better dive experience!

Visited March 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Diving with Scuba Steve was a tremendous pleasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Diving with Scuba Steve was a tremendous pleasure.
My wife and I had scheduled several dives on our visit to Kauai!
However, the weather was not cooperating on either side of the trip.. we got delayed 2 days by the winter storm PAX... then upon arrival to Kauai local storms and flash floods were occurring our first 2 days on the island. Scuba Steve was fantastic adjusting schedules and keeping us posted on the conditions. Needless to say the diving portion of the trip was abbreviated, BUT Steve went out of his way to accommodate us and I got in the Hawaiian Turtle Observer Specialty. (will finish the specialties on the next trip!!!!) VERY accommodating, professional, and Humorous - cannot get a better combination. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Visited February 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Scuba Steve was the Perfect Choice for Us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our excellent experience with Scuba Steve began with our first phone call. He is a super nice guy and is super passionate about diving. This was our daughter's first open water dive after getting certified and we wanted to make sure it would be a good experience. We could not have asked for better. It was just Steve and the three of us. His safety briefing was excellent so we all felt comfortable. He also prepared us for the kind of critters we would see. Our shore dives exceeded our expectations as we encountered tons of turtles, huma-humas, frog fish, trumpets, cleaning stations, all kinds of stars, wreck remnants, and even the sweet voices of humpback whales off in the distance. We highly recommend Scuba Steve for his personalized service, high regard for safety, excellent guide skills and NO rushing...just BIG fun!!!

Visited December 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Great dive with a great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I took our second ever scuba dive with Scuba Steve on our trip to Kauai. Steve was very thorough in his safety and instructions, and we went on two shore dives that morning. Both dives were great! We saw several urchins, sea stars, and of course fish. The highlights were hearing the humpbacks singing out of view, and swimming alongside a sea turtle (keeping respectful distance, of course). A fantastic morning!

Visited December 2013
Sedalia, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
“Scuba Steve is the BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I had been to Hawaii, and we were unsure of exactly what to expect. I wanted to do some diving, and looked through the many dive charters around until I happened upon Scuba Steve's site. It may have been that his prices were lower than the others that first drew me to him, but let me tell you...it was worth twice what I paid. Steve is as friendly a person as you would want to meet, and his knowledge of scuba, the sea-life of Hawaii, and poorly executed jokes make him a Kauai treasure. He took his time to explain to me, and my wife (who does not dive) exactly what to expect; however, he was a bit off. Not only did I get to see many sea turtles, but I also witnessed several types of eel (including a dragon eel) and many other types of fish indigenous to the area. I could not have asked for a better guide to the beauty of Kauai's underwater world, and would highly recommend Scuba Steve to any and everyone. It may be a shore dive, but it will be one of the best diving experiences of your life.

Visited December 2012