“Went looking for it today at the "old" location...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Restaurant opened 7 months ago at Kukui'ula Shopping Center in Koloa on the island of Kauai.
seattle
“Went looking for it today at the "old" location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We here about a year ago and LOVED the dogs. We loved them so much my husband reordered and ate more and I, who doesn't really like dogs, tasted his and ate two myself!! Went there today but was gone. Now I see on the last review that they are just moving. If you're open over in Lihue, reply to me and we'll make the trip to see you before we leave the island. And no way are your dogs from Costco.. .I'm a super picky dog eater and yours are one of the few I've ever eaten, let alone eaten several at one sitting!

Visited January 2014

Koloa, Hawaii
“Dude Dogs August 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

A great small shop in Kukiuila Shopping Center. Friendly staff, and lots of varieties to choose from.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fun place for the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Our family was at the farmers market and planned to go to Merrymans downstairs for dinner. Our 9 year old spotted this place and asked for a hot dog. The place was cute, service fast and friendly. The hotdog was great and my son was Thrilled! We all enjoyed sitting at the "bar" and looking at all the dog photos!!! We Planned on returning again but never got the chance. It's a great spot if you want something inexpensive and quick. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unexpected Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We got into Kauai early evening & by the time we got car rented & checked into condo it was late enough we were worried we wouldn't get dinner, we pulled into the shopping center & found Dudes Dogs, not normally my forte but was hungry & tired enough to give it a try & oh what a pleasant surprise!!! It was so good we went back 2 more times while we were on the island!!! Even now months later my husband will ask me what I'm hungry for & I suggest we hop a plane for Dudes Dogs! We tried several different styles & loved them all! Each time we went it was a different staff member & they were all great, very welcoming! We will go again next time we are on the island!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dude dogs has a good atmosphere. The decoration is 'beach themed'. There are 'fan pictures' on the wall. And you can really tell that this place really wants to provide good service and to connect with tourists and the local community.

My hotdog was alright but it could have been better. The bun was pretty standard (it did not appear to have been toasted) and it unfortunately fell apart while I was eating. The sausage was nothing special. It didn't have a particularly strong flavor and its texture was a little soggy. I believe there was only one choice of sausage. The toppings were the best bit and they controlled the overall flavor of the hotdog making it taste nice.

Dude Dogs seems to work because they come up with interesting flavor combinations using a variety of toppings and sauces. In some ways I think they might rely of their selection of toppings a little too much rather than focus on the taste and quality of the sausage.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Dude Dogs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.