“Best inexpensive food on the island!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 restaurants in Koloa
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Best inexpensive food on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

On our third trip to Kauai we finally got to try out the Snack Shop, and it was amazing! Their lunch specials are a bargain, and delicious! Our favorites were the Teri beef & Mahi Mahi. Keep in mind that this is a take out walk up. I'd recommend calling ahead, or expect to wait a while. I went into the grocery while I waited and found many scrumptious pastries & pies. This place is a gem!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This is the best "hole in the wall" place I've been to in my life! We ate there everyday to make sure we tried everything they had to offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bite on the run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat when you're in a hurry in Koloa. The food is good, priced right and quick. It's attached to the market with the same name, look for the long line on the side of the market. Run in to the market for a cold drink and some great pies for dessert.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gardena, California
“It ain't what it used to be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

It's been many years since I've been back to Koloa and I've had some decent food from this place in the past but now... I ordered the teri-beef and in its place I recieved 2 pieces of teriyaki flavored burnt chunks of leather. You couldn't order a worse plate of teryaki anything, and I've had some doozies. The rest of my party seemed satisfied with their orders even if they were skimpy. At least they could eat theirs. Even the Coke I ordered was running out of syrup and tasted like brown club soda. Not good. Never again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“You have to eat local at Sueoka's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great plate lunches at a great price. Food is basic but good. Each meal comes with rice and mac salad. The teryaki beef was delish.

Visited June 2012