“Must see! Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

San Luis Obispo, California
5 attraction reviews
“Must see! Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you love gardens this is a must see! For sure my favorite day on Kauai! The gardens are beautiful, the sculptures are amazing the staff is so knowledgeable. Angela was our guide and she was a wealth of knowledge and an excellent guide. It was obvious how much she loves the gardens and it was infectious. Thank you Doty family for sharing this amazing property.

Princeville, Hawaii
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

These are my favorite gardens to visit. They are full of unexpected treasures with all of the beautiful bronze statues. The "maze" is fun, too, and it is impossible to get lost! The tour guides are knowledgeable and lots of fun. This is a "must see" for anyone interested in gardens and/or sculpture.

Sugar Land
121 attraction reviews
“A hidden gem-beautiful family friendly gardens and play area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Na Aina Kai gardens was not originally on our limited Kauai itinerary, but "Frommers with Kids" gave it rave reviews, so I booked the two hour family tour. It was wonderful, and I'm so glad that I "took a chance" with this attraction. My girls are 9 & 11, boys 13 & 15, and everyone had a great time. The tour is limited to 10 people, so our party consisted of my family, my mom, and a young couple with a toddler-aged daughter. Teale, our guide, was very knowledgable, friendly, and interactive with the kids. Basically you get a one hour tour of the formal garden and an hour in the amazing children's garden. Both are great! There are over 70 whimsical statues throughout the garden, which is beautifully designed and lovingly cared for. Kids loved hanging off the vines of a huge banyan tree, smelling different gorgeous flowers, and exploring the maze. Their favorite "formal garden" activity was feeding the koi. the children's garden is a delight! Highlights included splashing in the Jack the Beanstalk pool & fountains, swinging in the jungle area, and playing on the giant rockinghorse (even my 15 yr old rode it when he thought I wasn't looking---and I got a picture!) There are many kid-friendly plants with fun smells in this area. The hour passed by way too quickly and many wonderful photos were taken. We would all come back here. I would love to take some of the other tours. The garden offers "Keiki Saturdays" with the children's area open once a month at a discount. If we lived here, we would take advantage of this fun opportunity.

davie
19 attraction reviews
“SIMPLY GORGEOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are into mother nature and you enjoy gardens, this is a MUST SEE!!! Such spectacular beauty with whimsical bronze statues throughout. We took the three hour stroll and ride which includes the formal and wild forest gardens. In case you're concerned that three hours is lengthy, the time flew by as so much ground and informaton was covered. In case of rain, umbrellas and ponchos are provided, though I would suggest you take a poncho for added protection. Our guide, Julie was wonderful. The gift shop is terrific!

Visited May 2012
Manhattan Beach, California
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nothing to dislike. A spectacular botanical garden of unpareleled diversity, beautifull appointed with amazing scultures, a maze, etc., etc.!

Visited August 2011