“great” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Soquel, California
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The best by far.had one sometimes two a day while on vacation worth the wait in line only makes 100 a day so hurry hurry.nice family run business how sit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
San Francisco
“Fresh and authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This little shave ice truck is only open from noon to 3pm. If you get there slightly after noon, you will see that there is already a line of at least 5 people. The owner takes time and effort in making each order such that the flavors are layered throughout the cup of ice. Albeit being one of the more expensive shaved ice around, it is worth trying because he uses fresh and authentic flavors until mere colored sugar syrup that everyone else seems to be using.
If only I had another chance to eat it, I would definitely ask for a combo of the brown sugar with condensed milk, with an extra topping of the red beans. That would be closest replicate of my beloved ice kachang from Singapore. It may be the best shaved ice in Kauai but definitely not the world.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bastrop, Texas
“Best Shave Ice Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. I was really skeptical when our hiking guide wanted to take us there, because I don't really like fruit. We got there at about 11:45 and were about the 10th in line. Since he only sells 100 a day, you have to be on time. The ice is so fluffy and soft, it is like powder. I got the Jamaican Lilikoi syrup. It was so good and sweet, but not too sweet. The owner is like an artist the way he layers the ice and the syrup. I think I will try new things more often now, because I would not want to miss out on anything this exceptional.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lihue, Hawaii
“Best shaved ice on Kauai, hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is worth the wait in line; trust me. The lightest snow imaginable with the freshest, locally sourced, organic fruit syrups handmade by the business owner himself. This place is a gem and will spoil you; for all other shaved ices will never be the same!

Visited July 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
“Best on Kauai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had shave ice every day of our 22 day trip and this was the best by far. In fact, it was so different from the rest that we were surprised that shave ice could be this tasty without being overwhelmingly sweet. The flavors are pure and yummy. Hint: only 100 can be made a day so get there before 3 to make sure you don't miss out. It took 2 tries for us to finally taste the amazing coconut ice!

Visited July 2013