“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anahata Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilauea
Anahata Sanctuary
You added Anahata Sanctuary to your Saves list
4356 Kahili Makai, PO Box 1101, Kilauea, Kauai, HI 96714   |
Los Angeles, California
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was a first time visitor to Kauai and I couldn't have stayed at a nicer place! Hosts are lovely and helpful, property is beautiful, well laid out common spaces, rooms really nice, great location for day trips south or north, extremely relaxing escape from real life. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Highlights-- overall atmosphere, outdoor shower, lanai (veranda) over looking property, gorgeous grounds, fresh fruits from the property.

My friend and I stayed in the Ginger room on the ground floor which was extremely private.

Room Tip: loved the privacy of the ginger room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Richmond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a perfect place for anyone who likes to share space with grounded, high vibe, spiritually oriented people. The rooms are private, some with shared bathrooms, and the kitchen and living areas are shared. Each room is beautifully decorated with carved wooden furniture and adorned with gorgeous crystals. The energy of the place feels great and I attribute that to its lovely hostess and host, Taj and Marc, who are always greeting guests in a friendly and welcoming way, sharing the kinds of great recommendations one can only discover from locals and often going the extra mile to help out with whatever is needed. It's a fantastic bonus that Taj offers a wide array of healing treatments on site. The rates are very reasonable and affordable, especially considering the quality of the accommodations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My friend and I had no plans coming to Kauai! We stumbled upon the Anahata Sanctuary accidentally and felt so at home that we never wanted to leave. Taj and Marc are so generous and they genuinely want you to see how amazing Kauai is. We were 19 years old when we went to Kauai and felt as if Taj and Marc were our second parents. They made us feel so loved and safe. Their home is absolutely stunning, I especially loved the outdoor bed, freshly chopped coconuts, passion fruit, and outdoor showers/bath. Marc took us out paddle boarding and was always willing to give us advice or information about our daily adventures. We had so many authentic conversations with Taj and Marc that it was actually hard having to say goodbye to them when our trip came to an end. I hope one day our travels will bring us back so that we could be again. I am really missing the dehydrated jack fruit and coconut water! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Initially, I was supposed to stay for 4 nights at Anahata Sanctuary but I loved the place so much that I extended my stay by a couple of nights. I still feel that 6 nights was not enough to stay in this heavenly place. The room was very comfortable and the view into the backyard garden from my room was wonderful. They also have a beautiful living room & seating area from where one can see the temple and the surroundings. One can also get healthy breakfast consisting of home grown fruits, cereals, tea, etc for minimal cost.

The experience at each and every B&B is somewhat dependent on the hosts. Taj and Mark will definitely rank among the most friendly and welcoming people I have ever met. We went for breakfast outside on my first day of the trip and always felt myself to be a part of their family. We had nice conversations during at the breakfast table and also during the evening hours.

Overall, my 6 day stay at Anahata sanctuary will always be an experience to treasure. I just wish it was a longer stay and am already looking for opportunity such that I can stay again at this magical place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Caponago, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Anahata Sanctuary is much more than a B&B: rooms are comfortable and the structure has plenty of space both inside and outside, and is surrounded by a beautiful tropical garden, but Taj and Marc can make it a true spiritual experience. Don't miss Taj's healing session and energy works...then you can go to any of the near beaches (ask Marc suggestions on where to meet dolphins!). We stayed here twice in the past years, and will go again when we'll return to hawaii.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ucluelet, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

~* Taj, is one of the most loving & genuine gifted healers I have had the pleasure of meeting. As an energy/body practitioner I can fully appreciate a "truly" gifted soul! The home is welcoming and down to earth a fine place to delve Into your deeper levels or just enjoy a nurturing environment. Taj would put snacks out for morning & you may fetch your own wholesome breaky from the garden or she/you may find some freshly ripe fruits on her property. What a lovely touch! We stayed in the temple outside and it was so beautiful! We are looking forward to seeing her and Marc next trip!! The meditation, singing bowls, kind ,loving ,heartfelt & the "human" flawed and forgiving demeanor make this a must on your bucket list!!! Love & light . So very much gratitude
Angel & Mike

Room Tip: Our swimming pool was the pacific!! :)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We found the Anahata Sanctuary by coincidence when we were travelling in Kauai. Taj and Marc shared their beautiful guesthouse and garden with us and we felt like we found the Hawaiian paradise.. They made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we arrived and also provided us with helpful advise on daytrips, cafes and restaurants. We also loved the breakfast where we were offered fresh tropical fruits from their garden, unforgettable. It is such a gem and I wish I will be back for another stay at the Anahata Sanctuary soon.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Anahata Sanctuary? Share your experiences!