“Lovely property. Consistent positivity.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anahata Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilauea
Anahata Sanctuary
You added Anahata Sanctuary to your Saves list
4356 Kahili Makai, PO Box 1101, Kilauea, Kauai, HI 96714   |
Kilauea, Hawaii, United States
“Lovely property. Consistent positivity.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Anahata Santuary is gorgeous but what I love most about it is how consistent Taj supported my every wish.

I held a workshop for people who came from off island and Taj treated them to a wonderful experience of incredible foods, music, healing work and constant enthusiasm.

In relation to the prices of other places of this caliber on the North Shore of Kauai, the price is totally reasonable.

Taj served a wonderful continental breakfast of fruits decorated with flowers and coconut...all right off her land...real sweet Hawaiian vibrations.

If you want to stay in a wonderful place where you get to connect with wonderful people you may really prefer this experience over places like the Regis or the Westin.

There is no swimming pool or fitness center but the beach is right around the corner.

John

Room Tip: The master bedroom suit is gorgeous.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Anahata Sanctuary was a beautiful oasis located in the most beautiful town of Kilauea on the north shore of Kauai! Taj's home is so welcoming and has such beautiful energy about it that arriving from the hustle and bustle of Honolulu, it breathed a sense of calm and serenity into my being right away on entering through the front door. I felt like I was home and there are all the comforts you could possibly want and access to beautiful living areas and a well-equipped kitchen. Kilauea town is minutes away and has such a great selection of shops as well as a wonderful yoga studio!
There are lovely beaches and other sights to see just minutes from the home.
The building is centered on a beautiful garden and Taj has her healing rooms on the premises. My favourite thing to do was to lay on the large wooden day bed on the balcony upstairs overlooking stunning scenery in the afternoons and let the trade winds embrace me.
I stayed for a total of 7 or 8 nights and fell in love with not only Kauai but also this home!
I love love love this sanctuary! I felt so grateful for having stumbled upon it and only hope that when I return to Kauai that Taj will have a room available for me :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Haleiwa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is a very nice home but Taj doesn't offer breakfast or at least didn't for my 4 mornings there. She put out some cheap tea and a box of Costco biscotti which is not a healthy way to start the day. Where is the juice? Where is the fruit? Where is anything that would constitute a breakfast? What about a piece of bread? Nothing. Then on top of this deceptive advertising ( calling it a bed and breakfast ) Taj the cheapskate has the gall to promote her healing business and as if...I spent all my extra money on food... She will let you use the kitchen to boil water but doesn't want you to make meals there...what about breakfast? No there is NONE. Taj is also a phoney healer because deep down she's a money hungry poser. Nice house though, just would rather stay somewhere else given the lack of kind spirit from the host.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

A true sanctuary, Anahata is a lovely, special place that is centrally located on Kauai's north shore. I had a comfortable stay for a week as part of a group in late December (2011). The setting is gorgeous. I especially loved the healthy breakfasts that Taj, our host, served us - fresh, local fruits decorated with flowers picked from her tropical garden. I also found the space congenial - large enough to allow meditative privacy as well as easy interaction among fellow guests. Taj offers spa services that have a more spiritual than physical orientation - you won't find a hot tub here but can get a great massage and special offerings like sound healing - that add to the serenity of this amazing part of the world.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms with shared bath were fine and nicer than you might expect; but book the room w/priva...
Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Taj and Marc were very accommodating to us during our stay at Anahata Sanctuary. We inquired on short notice for a short stay and appreciated the additional help we received. We stayed in the sleeping temple that they offer in their backyard and enjoyed use of the outdoor rain shower in the Spa. Their home is just outside of town and everything I saw on their website is an accurate description of their specialty B&B.
I'm from central U.S. and have used TripAdvisor for many destinations; since I didn't see Anahata Sanctuary on this site I thought it was my time to write a note. (This is my first written contribution to the site).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Anahata Sanctuary? Share your experiences!