I've visited Kauai a few times over the years and have always stayed on this side of the island because of its proximity to everything else on Kauai. The complex I used to stay at is no longer in business, so I had to try a new place. Recently stayed at the Wailua Bay View Condos #306 and it was absolutely perfect! The complex is quaint and quiet, has a nice pool where I swam laps every morning, grills, and is oceanfront! The unit itself was perfect! The first amenity I look for wherever I go is a/c - I like it cool and comfortable! There is a/c is in the bedroom only, which was great for sleeping well. And actually, it's all we needed b/c the fans and the non-humid weather kept us comfortable in the rest of the unit. The unit was very clean, quiet, upgraded, and had a direct view of Wailua beach down below. The bedroom had double-pane windows, so we never heard a sound from outside. The w/d worked just fine, and we had free wifi. Fun beach gear was also provided, like snorkels, masks, boogie boards, noodles, etc. Just a tip: be sure NOT to leave any open food in the kitchen unless it's in tightly sealed containers, as we encountered tiny ants - it is Kauai after all. Even open boxes of cereal and bread should be kept in the fridge, along with everything else to avoid attracting these little visitors as much as possible. We enjoyed our breakfasts and many dinners out on the lanai each day and loved the location. We could easily walk to shops/restaurants across the street and to the Coconut Marketplace (unfortunately, a lot of empty stores but great burgers at TC's Island Grill). There's construction on the street...I believe it's to continue the bike/walk path....but it was fine. I'll definitely stay here again as everything was perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wailua Bay View is a three-story oceanfront condominium complex overlooking Wailua Bay, a popular surfing and kite surfing beach in Kapaa. Each condo has a private lanai overlooking the ocean, full kitchen, washer/dryer, and private bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wailua Bay View Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Hotel Kapaa
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Kauai/Kapaa