I came for 2 weeks and am staying for 3. One of the reasons is WBV. I'm in #109. Rented thru the owner [--]. Some are owner managed and some are in a rental pool management company I think. My bedroom overlooks the pool area which is NOT in the parking lot. It is surrounded by a fence and plants and trees. Very pleasant with the usual lounges and chairs around the pool. The view of the ocean and mountains takes my breathe away everytime I walk into the condo. The sound of the waves is constant and priceless. Eventually you don't even hear them. I sleep on a inflatable bed (very comfortable) in the living area with the doors open so I can listen to the waves while falling asleep. Sure beats the sound machine I use at home. There has been the occassional mosquito but not a big problem. The gas station is CONVENIENTLY located nearby. The "highway" referred to is 2 lane probably 35 MPH near the condos/ It is 2 streets over. I have slept in the bedroom (on the temperpedic bed with the egyptian cotton sheets) with the windows open and had no problem. I guess if you are a light sleeper you could shut the windows and turn on the overhead fan. This place is neither nasty, dirty or creepy. If I could afford to buy a condo and move here to live I would. The Seashell Restaurant was destroyed along with the Coco Palms during Hurricane Iniki.. It is not attached to the condos. It is downhill of them. It is not very big and as far as I can tell has no roaches. The CocoPalms are wa-a-a-y across the street and down the road. The beach has a lot of driftwood which gives it personality and great photo ops. I have walked on it and found no drug paraphenalia. People fish, surf, swim and paddle off this beach. Occassional bonfires are built in the evening. Plenty of room for setting up chairs, umbrellas and chilling. If you need pristine beaches go North. Just keep in mind it's a drive. WBV is about 15 minutes from Costco and the airport. If like me you have traveled on two 6 hour flights to get here at 6:30 in the evening and then waited another who knows how long for your rental car you will appreciate only having to go 15 minutes to Kapa'a rather than an hour to Northshore. ( I stayed Northshore 3 years ago. Lovely. Long drive to anywhere).
Groceries, restaurants, shopping, red box and that gas station all nearby. You can walk to the Coconut Marketplace from here. The units are well stocked with sheets, towels, dishes, soap, toilet paper, beach chairs, etc Mine is very clean and the kitchen appliances are updated. Washer and dryer in units. Nice grounds. The same 3 chickens make the rounds everyday crowing randomly and looking for food. They are beautiful. I will be coming back and staying here again.
I feel very safe in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wailua Bay View is a three-story oceanfront condominium complex overlooking Wailua Bay, a popular surfing and kite surfing beach in Kapaa. Each condo has a private lanai overlooking the ocean, full kitchen, washer/dryer, and private bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wailua Bay View Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Hotel Kapaa
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Kauai/Kapaa