First, the room. Shady, cold and dirty. The floor in the bathroom is extremely cold. The air-con is super old and blows right on the bed. Hard to control as actually there is no off button. Absolutely no sound isolation. The fridge must be at least 30 years old - my grandgrandma had one like this - it produces loud noise every time it turns on and off. Never expected to see such a thing at a hotel!!!
Upon check in you pay 15 dollar per day amenity fee, what you get is
1) safe deposit box in the room is out of order
2) dvd rental is out of order right at the moment (i'm staying at the place right now)
3) parking - you can hardly find a place when you get to the hotel after 7 p.m.
4) breakfast is a joke. They give you blue tickets, when you get to the breakfast for the first time, noone meets you. We were waiting for a couple of minutes - noone came to sit us, We were wondering around for some minutes more. At last we grab some items from the buffet - all they had there - fruit and 1 type of bakery and took our seats. Immediately the waiter came to us and told us we had taken items that had to be paid extra! So, we were not explained that and we didn't want to pay for the breakfast that was actually already prepaid! We had just what we had taken ourselves, continental breakfast didn't happen that morning.
It's the worst hotel we've ever been to. Thanks God, Kauai has much to offer so we can stay here minimum of our time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 216-room beachfront resort rambles across ten landscaped acres next to the scenic Wailua River. The hotel features newly renovated rooms and one-bedroom cottages, a variety of on-site dining options and Kauai's only protected swimming beach. The resort offers a great central location from which to explore Hawaii's Garden Isle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston Aloha Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Aloha Beach Resort
- Aloha Beach Hotel Kauai
- Aloha Beach Kauai Hotel
- Aston Aloha Beach Hotel Kauai/Kapaa