I've been coming to this property for years and have seen many improvements ever since Marriott Courtyard took over. The outdoor space use to be fairly drab with just a simple concrete hole in the ground full of water to cool off in. Courtyard has added many new features and design elements to the outdoor space to make it more enjoyable to relax and enjoy the outdoors. The outdoor fireplace and fountain being one of my favorites. There are plenty of loungers, daybeds and hammocks around the property to accommodate everyone and you don't feel crowded like many other beach resorts.
The staff is great and does their best to impress with the tools given to them.
The beach isn't a swimming beach at all. Of course it is beautiful to look out on but if you're looking for a swimming beach you must look elsewhere. The hotel provides bike rentals for $10. I usually take a nice four mile bike ride on a great bike path to a beach called Kealia Beach which is nice for lounging and swimming (strong swimmers only).
The room is nothing special, just okay. There is nothing in the room that stands out as being great. I've stayed in a few rooms that smelled really bad of mildew and felt damp. My current room has a leaking toilet and a broken TV. If I were just rating the room I'd give it a two star review.
The location is great as there is a Safeway and Foodland within walking distance as well as many options for restaurants and bars. There is a local farmers market every Tuesday nearby which can be fun to visit if you're into that type of thing.
Overall, it is an alright place to stay if on a budget and you rent a car to explore the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Kauai at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Resortquest Kauai Beach Makaiwa
- Aston Resort Kapaa
- Waipouli Beach
- Resort Quest Kauai
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Kapaa